Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heinie just released sights for the 24/7 dovetail cut. They were cataloged today. You can find them on their website. www.heinie.com

They have two sets. One is the straight 8 night sights and the other is a 3 dot night sights also available is one for the taurus 1911.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I measured the sights on my PT 24/7 and PT145 just last night and they are indentical in all dimensions... so the sights listed above should work for both pistols. Just FYI

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ordered a set this morning but went with the two dots in the rear...$152.50 after shipping...Never could get use to the '8' two dots sights...Guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Novak told me, in response to my email inquiry, that they are developing an adjustable night sight set for the 24/7. If fixed sights float your boat, there is the Heinie option available right now. If you want adjustable, you can wait a while and see what Novak comes up with. Here is the email interchange:

The Response:
Subject: Re: Taurus 24/7 sights?
Date: March 28, 2007 3:58:07 PM EDT
To: [email protected]

Rick
This is a project that we are working on at this time but have no projected date of retail sale yet.
Novak's
www.novaksights.com
(304) 428-2676 (phone & fax)
PO Box 4045 Parkersburg, WV 26104
1206 30th St. Parkersburg, WV 26101

The Request:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Arllen" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 1:58 PM
Subject: Taurus 24/7 sights?

I noticed in the new Taurus Military & Police catalog that they intend to offer Novak XD 3-dot adjustable sights as an option on their new OSS pistol. I am hopeful that this is true and that, further, you will offer adjustable night sights for the Taurus 24/7. Do you have plans along this line? I would appreciate any details you can provide.

Thanks,
Rick Arllen
Scottsville, VA

·
Registered
57 Posts
Price is ridiculous. I'm in the wrong business.

·
Registered
625 Posts
No doubt! $152.50 for a set of sights?!?!?!?

I only paid $80 for my Meprolight night sights for my Ruger P90.

Todd

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
It does seem interesting to put $150 sights on a $300 gun... but if it helps you hit your target, then your opinion is worth the investment. I've learned to live with a $30 front sight replacement which brought everything into focus.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It does seem interesting to put $150 sights on a $300 gun... but if it helps you hit your target, then your opinion is worth the investment.

My thinking is that if I need to use the gun at night, then it well worth it...A spray for a casket runs $300, twice the price of the night sights.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can tighten the dovetails to take the wilson combat 367 sights. They have standard 3 dot for 34 dollars and three dot night sights for 119. I have a set of the standard and they are great and hit to point of aim.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts