Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a recent 709slim purchaser, the pistol was brought up in conversation with a buddy yesterday. He said he'd never purchase one because of the many poly failures (cracking) he's read about. Well, I searched this site, searched Google, and gave You Tube a shot as well...I'm just not finding what he's talking about. Seen one case on this site, but that 709 had a runaway problem, and may have been damaged while being repaired. Is there any truth to my friend's statement, because I'm sure not coming up with anything solid. The firearm performs great, and I have no complaints...I'm not really concerned, but I am curious.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
I've not heard of any cracking poly problems with the Slims 709 or 740. Have heard of some with earlier models of PT145. I suspect your friends rumors, as Mark Twain would say, are greatly exaggerated. LOL

Reactions: yamaweezle

·
Registered
304 Posts
If it is a problem, it's not a very common one. The instances I've seen of this happening in polymer framed pistols are from over pressure factory rounds or over pressure hand loads going kaboom. Just stick to good quality ammo and you'll be fine.

Reactions: yamaweezle
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.