Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
People think this 'old generation' is just a bunch of elderly people on hoverounds. Young kids have no concept in their head of a possibly military trained individual who may not put up a long fight, but will give it to them harder and faster than they could imagine. I guess some people are taught to respect their elders in one way or another.

Reactions: bjdbw and stickem2

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
People think this 'old generation' is just a bunch of elderly people on hoverounds. Young kids have no concept in their head of a possibly military trained individual who may not put up a long fight, but will give it to them harder and faster than they could imagine. I guess some people are taught to respect their elders in one way or another.
I may be well into my 60's, and rather rotund now, but "FT. BENNING CLASS OF '68" is permanently impressed in my brain. :mad:

·
32,532 Posts
The lesson on the punk needed to be driven home a bit more. Like 3 or more hard face plants into the bus seat.

Nice going 'ol vet.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I would glady buy that vet a drink, shake his hand and thank him not only for his prior service to this country, but for his present service to this country! I agree with Quicks draw, but only 3? Oh, I see you said "or more".

·
5,686 Posts
I investigated more on the video as I noticed others were attached. As I do applaud him for what he did to defend himself, I found myself cringing at the follow up videos of this man. Life on the streets of Chi Town are tough I imagine and 67 or not you have to do what you have to do. I just wish I hadn't heard that he does weed and cocaine. :( He's a tad on the mental side me thinks.

·
32,532 Posts
Great. Just peachy. The guy is flaky.

Can we send him to the Whitehouse to have a teaching moment with O'bomb-a? I'm not sure who'd teach who or about what. Them and Barny Frank together in the sauna.

I gotta get those horrible thoughts out of the mind. It's like staring Pilosi in the face and getting turned to stone.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
The 'ol vet did a number on the punk all right. I applaud him for that.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Looked like that kid had an alligator mouth and a fly ass. Also looked like the old boy wasn't joking when he said he'd slap the shit out of him. Love it!

·
5,686 Posts
Apparently this guy is quite popular in Chicago for more than this reason. Upon FURTHER investigation (I watched more youtube videos posted on this guy) He was first famous for having been tased by the Chicago police during a ball game when he refused to move from someones seat and then got crazy. He admits in an interview that he had smoked weed, added cocaine and drank three bottles of something or other before hand. Also, the 'kid' he hit, is 50 years old. Not a 'punk kid'. This is a typical city bus ride for Chicago. I do feel bad for him, he seems pretty messed up, most likely from the drug additions.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Apparently this guy is quite popular in Chicago for more than this reason. Upon FURTHER investigation (I watched more youtube videos posted on this guy) He was first famous for having been tased by the Chicago police during a ball game when he refused to move from someones seat and then got crazy. He admits in an interview that he had smoked weed, added cocaine and drank three bottles of something or other before hand. Also, the 'kid' he hit, is 50 years old. Not a 'punk kid'. This is a typical city bus ride for Chicago. I do feel bad for him, he seems pretty messed up, most likely from the drug additions.
Sadly many of our troops who served in Vietnam got hooked on drugs while over there, and while I can understand how it happened fighting a war the politicians wouldn't let them win in an area which was one of the worlds biggest cesspools at the time.

Now I don't condone their drug use, but I can somewhat understand it. I guess I feel that after WWII and Korea many of our generation felt that they didn't want their kids to have to go through what they went through, and thus became more permissive as to their kids lifestyle. This really exploded in the late 50's and the 60's with the Hippie and flower power era.

Thank God my parents and my oldest brother never condoned that lifestyle and serving six years in the military taught me to walk the straight and narrow path. No, I cannot say I never got into a fight but they were always brought to me and I would only back up just so far. Push me beyond that line and then pray to God to save your soul, because Your body and mind belonged to me because the rules went out the window and the only one left was the one that said "Win no matter how or what the cost"!

I recall one time when my middle brother was in the National Guard and living at home. He got into an argument with Dad and hit him knocking his glasses off. That was the last time he ever made that mistake!!!

This all boils down to the fact that our generation has to shoulder much of the blame, because a lot of us were too permissive with our kids! My father was not above using his belt for something other than to hold up his pants, or on rare occassions feeding us kids a knuckle sandwich and when that happened we knew that we had asked for it! My oldest brother ( God Rest His Soul ) and I followed our fathers teachings and all of his grand children grew up to be respectful and responsible adults.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
No matter what his history was - in that situation he was correct in his actions, IMHO. He tried moving away from his antagonist, who continued to try to physically intimidate him, and approached him in a threatening manner. Which didn't work out so well for the antagonist. There was really no place for the old fella to go, so he stood his ground. And at his first opportunity he broke contact and got off the bus. And mouthy was still mouthing - albeit from bloody lips.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
The sad thing is it looks like he got botted from the bus and not the jerk who started the whole thing.

·
Registered
29,902 Posts
Guess he should have paid attention during his "Reading Comprehension" class, then he could have read Grand Pa's T-Shirt which read...

"Mess with the Best, die like the rest"

1 - 20 of 25 Posts