1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
The fights were reminiscent of violence that broke out in the early 1990s on streets across America as the shoes became popular targets for thieves.

Read more: New Air Jordans Cause Shopping Frenzy Across U.S. | Fox News

I just know I'm gettin' old.

There's no way I'd get caught up in such a frenzy over SHOES!!!!

·
Super Moderator
17,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fights were reminiscent of violence that broke out in the early 1990s on streets across America as the shoes became popular targets for thieves.

I sure wouldn't. That would be classified as what is known to some as "shopping". I don't do that. That's my wife's job.

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
I heard Mark Steyn talking about this on Rush's show.
No way a stupid pair of shoes would ever excite me that much - unless... maybe...
Well, if Raquel Welch was wearing them...

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
No way in the world! It goes to show the stupidity of some.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I wonder how many of the shoppers/rioters also have an EBT card.

Reactions: ozzy

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hell I get upset if I have to spend more tha $25 dollars on jeans. One report Iheard tonight was in one of those frenzy's someone actually fired shots in the air. Makes me want to increase my reloading budgetjust in case another civil war breaks out here...don't laugh, there are already signs of one developing IMHO.

Reactions: Harrychl and ozzy

·
32,495 Posts
There is the affect of not going into a area that you know can be like that. The law frowns on people knowingly going into a bad situation armed. If you can avoid a place like that so much the better. This is not written on stone. Just something to contemplate. Circumstances play into this.

Also, is it really worth getting hurt or dead,even if you do everything right at the place of danger? Find another way to get the item when things calm down for a bit. Rushing into what is very possible mob event is not the place to be.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Reactions: ozzy

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
And they continue to breed and vote and suck us dry, imagine how much welfare dole was spent! :jiml:

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
There is the affect of not going into a area that you know can be like that. The law frowns on people knowingly going into a bad situation armed. If you can avoid a place like that so much the better. This is not written on stone. Just something to contemplate. Circumstances play into this.

Also, is it really worth getting hurt or dead,even if you do everything right at the place of danger? Find another way to get the item when things calm down for a bit. Rushing into what is very possible mob event is not the place to be.
I was 8 months old during the Watts Riots in which my father had to defend our family a few times at our residence, I myself had to do the same during the L.A. Riots.I am a exception and you don't want to be in that situation, civilian warfare. If I was a liberal tree hugger I wouldn't be typing this.

·
Super Moderator
17,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,738 Posts

They're not really 'shoes' ... they're 'sneakers'!
When I was growing up, only the poor kids wore sneakers. And now, with the cost of sneakers, their parents are poor. The more things change, the more they remain the same.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts