Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are lucky enough to still have your mom give her a hug and thank her. If you're not then still remember her on her day. Today is Mother's Day.

Don

·
Registered
222 Posts
I just called my Mom. She'll be 90 in a few months and if I don't call her every other day I'll hear about it if she has to call me. She's still sharp as a tack. Still drives and she went and got her carry permit after dad died and she was 84 then. Dad used to carry the gun when they went out so now she's taking care of that herself.

You don't want to talk politics when you talk to mom. I made the mistake talking about the virus a little while ago and got the "damn democrat" rant for 5 minutes. If Nancy Pelosi was to ever mistakenly knock on my mom's door it wouldn't be pretty.

She's always been a little different than women of her time. She was riding her Harley back when it wasn't lady like in the 40s and 50s. Mom and dad drove 18 wheelers until they were in their late 70s and then they drove school buses into their 80s. Mom was still driving a school bus when she was 83. She never had an accident in the bus or truck, not even a minor fender bender which she is very proud of.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Very cool! Get her to write down, (or dictate) her memoirs. There must be a ton of stuff that, with a little "made for Netflix" augmentation could be a streaming masterpiece!

Happy Mothers' Day to your Mom.

·
Premium Member
12,531 Posts
Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there. Wish I could give Mom a hug, but as close as we are allowed to get "by government edict" is the phone.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Not a single day goes by that I don't think of Mom. She was there at my birth, I was there with her passing. Maybe some day we will get the opportunity to bicker with one another over which was more painful. And as always, I give in and let her win.

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
It's March of 1959. A 16 year old high school sophomore and her 18 year old boyfriend conceived a child. They had met on a blind date and had gone steady for quite a few months before she got pregnant. Somehow, she managed to keep her pregnancy a secret from her parents until she went into labor.

Friday, December 11th 1959. Her 17th birthday had come and gone, and she was now a Junior at Chamblee High School. Her parents, having learned of her pregnancy just that morning, took her to Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta where she was in labor for 12 hours before delivering a son at 11:58 PM. She named him Craig Martin Gantt.

She saw her newborn son once, briefly, in the delivery room, and never again. She married a few years later and gave birth to two more sons and a daughter. She died at 51 years old August 7, 1994, having never known what had become of her first born child.

That was me. I was born of a 17 year old unwed girl who, although didn't want to be a mother at that time, wanted me to have a loving and caring family and a better opportunity at life than she could provide. There were alternatives she could have chosen. Whether or not she considered those alternatives, I have no clue, but she didn't have to carry her unexpected baby to full term.

Her name was Sara, she was my mother. Her selfless sacrifice made it possible for another young woman to have a child that she desperately wanted but otherwise couldn't have. She and her husband were the absolute best parents a child could have ever hoped for. Her name was Ann, she was my mom.

Happy Mother's Day in Heaven to my mother and to my mom. Thank you both.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
My mom is in a nursing home and it's locked down, I haven't been able to see her since the virus started. I took her a dozen red roses today her favorites and the receptionist at the front door, ( I'm not allowed to go in), said they would take them up to her. She has been tested for Covid 19 two times and is still negative although others in the facility have tested positive. Mom is 93 and I love her very much, I hope I'm able to see her again soon.

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
My mom is in a nursing home and it's locked down, I haven't been able to see her since the virus started. I took her a dozen red roses today her favorites and the receptionist at the front door, ( I'm not allowed to go in), said they would take them up to her. She has been tested for Covid 19 two times and is still negative although others in the facility have tested positive. Mom is 93 and I love her very much, I hope I'm able to see her again soon.
I would be getting a tall ladder and wave to mom through the window....The police would understand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts