721 OT or JIT Slide?

• 721 OT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JIT Slide

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have read all the holster post here and looked a bunch of holster web sites and have narrowed it down to these two for my m-85 UL. both are in my price range and will buy from Gunners Alley. No shops here in town have any for me to put hands on so I must go by the pictures and good advice from here. I`m sure ether one is very nice but wanted to put this up to a vote as to what you guys liked best if you had to chose only one. Thanks.

Administrator
Everyone is different, but I would prefer the 721 because it has a cant. Makes it easier to conceal and draw from. :angel:

Registered
Same reason as above. Good choice to start out with.

Registered
I think either will work. And since Gunners Alley has a great return policy if your first choice doesn't work out you can still try the other one. I know this as I returned a holster that just didn't work out for me from them. http://www.gunnersalley.com/category/refunds___returns/

Steelheart

Registered
721, I don't care for the JIT, it doesn't give as much support.
Order one of their belts, they are excellent.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks jk and everyone else, I have the 721 OT on the way from Gunners Alley. :D

Registered
You won't regret it. The Don Hume 721 is one of the best holsters made!!

Registered
I used a JIT for a 4-inch S&W 629 for a very short while. I didn't like the fact that so much of the gun was exposed. In my simple mind, a holster has to do several things for me.....carry, protect, and conceal the weapon. The JIT didn't do any of the three very well.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Well, the 721 OT holster came in the other day and I wore it around the house for 3 days. With my big gut, I have to pull my belt tight to keep pants up and in doing this I found the 721 with my 85 in it would dig into my hip bone and just was very uncomfortable. It was also more leather, from end to end, then I wanted. It is a very nice holster but I could not get used to it. I ended up trading even at a gun shop in town here for the Hume D A H dual purpose holster. It can be worn SOB or strongside because it has 3 belt slots. I like it on my right side kidney. The 721 was 40 bucks at Gunners Alley and the D A H ( not sure what that stands for ) is 50 but my gun shop had it at 29.95 and I just traded even. I like it a lot. Next thing will be a tuckable IWB type I think. Thanks again to everyone who offered up their advice. Karl Sorry, didn`t mean to go on and on here.

Registered
Not a problem. You just filled us in on how the holster worked (or didn't work) for you.

Steelheart

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Steelheart said:
Not a problem. You just filled us in on how the holster worked (or didn't work) for you.

Steelheart
Thanks. Anybody who might be a fan of SOB or perhaps kidney type carry should take a look at the Don Hume D.H.A holster at the Gunners Alley site. I`m very much pleased with it.

Registered
I have been breaking in a 721 OT for a PT145 for over a week now. It seems to be moving into an odd shape that caused the front sight post to cut a groove into the leather. The fit and ride are excellent, but the bending causes it to be a bit too sticky - perhaps as it breaks in a bit more it will be fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts