Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't looking for another double shotgun, but it was cheap. What can I say? It's not often I see a gun, any gun for less than $200.00 these days.

Lefever, Nitro Special from 1928-29, in 16 ga. 28" barrels, probably choked Mod/Full. Well worn, and someone has tried to clean up the patina, and the stock has probably been replaced at some point along the line, still it's in good mechanical shape.

A few pictures.

The wood really looks nice from this side.

It won't win a beauty contest, that's for sure, but who knows. Maybe it will become a project gun somewhere down the line.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Good looking gun, some of them had shorter chambers than the newer guns. A few people have the forcing cones removed too allow the star crimp on modern shells to open and run lower chamber pressure. The old guns usually pattern and shoot well. Good find.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one has 2 3/4" chambers. I don't know if they were standare with the gun, or if they were reamed out at some point. If I had to guess, I'd say reamed out. The stock and forearm have been replaced at some point, so it logical to think the chambers were reamed at the same time.

·
Registered
30,023 Posts
Nice! It looks like it will be fun shooter! Let us know how she shoots.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your "new" firearm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts