Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cringe just to think about it!

It had to be one of the most terrifying and painful ordeals in this woman's life.

Reactions: whodog

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
My son's girlfriend put her face in my doxie's face, and he bit a hole in her nostril, the fleshy part. Fortunately, no scar, but pretty traumatic for her. That, and my dog's degrading health prompted him being put down last spring, Sigh.....

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
I don't understand???.........does she close her eyes when she kisses the dog? You can see the warning the dog is giving- he is showing his teeth!

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
People project human emotions onto animals that just aren't really there. Dogs are dogs, and they will be dogs. Like whodog said - don't stick your mug in the face of a dog you don't know well. I blame the anchor woman for being stupid. And citing the guy for a leash law violation when he had a hold of the dog's collar is nonsense. What was a leash going to do in that situation, that wasn't already being done? If you stick your hand in a fire and get burned, it's not the fire's fault.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Perhaps the guy with the dog would have been prudent in warning the t.v. personality about the folly of sticking her face so close to the dog's mouth.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I think this points out one of the things that's very wrong with this country. Too often people do something dumb, and then look for someone else to blame for their own stupidity. This ranks right up there with the guy who burned his mouth on McDonald's coffee, and then sued Micky D's because the coffee was too hot. Duh! It's supposed to be hot. And dogs sometimes bite. They have too - they don't have thumbs. :D She's responsible for her own actions, without which there wouldn't have been a problem, and she should take responsibility for her own actions. And I'd be willing to bet the guy with the dog didn't approach the TV station to get the dog on TV - I'm just as sure as I'm sitting here that they approached him. Ostensibly so they could sell more advertising by telling the story. Sorry news wench - no sympathy here.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Perhaps the guy with the dog would have been prudent in warning the t.v. personality about the folly of sticking her face so close to the dog's mouth.
I know that w/ our case, my son was holding the dog and before we could say anything, her face went in, and she got bit on the nose... Too fast...

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I found the video on youtube of the actual bite, and it looked like nothing more than a little nip. Quit your crying, slap a bandaid on it, and continue to march.

·
10,379 Posts
LoL first clue lady...even though because it's a pit/amstaff it may look like he's grinnin'...he ain't...you see that many teeth, the prudent thing is to back off. Hell, I know better than to do something like that with my dog...and she's my dog.

Simple rule with dogs: all dogs have teeth, any dog can/will bite.

And I agree with whoever said it, wasn't a bad bite, looked more like a warning nip than a "RAWR I"M GONNA RIP YOUR THROAT OUT" lunge. Hell, dog may have thought she had a treat, I know a lot of people that train their dogs to take a treat from their lips.

Reactions: kaiged1

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
Maybe the dog saw the hit and run piece on "online gun sales..."...:D

·
17,572 Posts
That dog gave a pretty clear warning, though I think it was in slo-mo. Let's see, the dog just got rescued the day before, now it's a celebrity, think maybe it was under a bit of stress? Ya think?

I think the whole thing was a bad idea, especially with a dog of that size, bred as they were for hunting hogs and Pumas. Not exactly a pussycat.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Maybe these reporters should learn more about dogs before they start trying to cuddle with them. Or maybe they should just do a story on lions. :D

·
Super Moderator
26,857 Posts
I'm guessing the dog was probably a conservative Republican and had just had enough BS! ;)
Time to clean the screen again!

Note to self...refrain from drinking beer when reading BS posts!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts