Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waco does: $9.33. Didn't know that. Tax dollars at work

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Florida just went to $8.05.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Our politicians are limited to money available and all they can borrow. After that they have to become creative in the art of political wheeling and dealing. Good politicians here were former used car salespeople, lawyers, con artist, etc. The great state of Texas probably doesn't operate like the other heathens.

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
The only one we have is from the federal government. (And I wish they would get rid of it)

Is that a true minimum wage, meaning they force private businesses within city limits to pay that, or is it the minimum the city pays its workers?

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's what the city pays it's workers at the minimum.

The only one we have is from the federal government. (And I wish they would get rid of it)

Is that a true minimum wage, meaning they force private businesses within city limits to pay that, or is it the minimum the city pays its workers?

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Seattle implemented $15/hr minimum wage last year, but I believe it's a series of annual increases over the next six or seven years to get there.

·
22,322 Posts
Santa Fe has a "Living wage" law which sets a $10.66 minimum. Back when I ate a Chili's, I was excited to hear they were building one in Santa Fe. Then they passed this law, and Chili's decided they didn't want to build a restaurant here. Have the liberals learned anything from this? Of course not. This is the same city that thinks "paper or plastic?" is too much responsibility for those of us who don't make that decision the way they like.

Reactions: Texheim

·
Registered
2,552 Posts

·
10,379 Posts
Pfft, I don't even have a "city"! We're all towns and villages up here dontchaknow.:D

I think WI just follows the .fed

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
That's what the city pays it's workers at the minimum.
Most governments that I know of have that. Its how they base pay for everyone. The base is X, your position with experience, time in grade etc is X * Y...

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
#nope

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Minimum wage increases are a slow way to force inflation. (or currency devaluation, if you prefer). They also make it harder for people to enter the workforce, although advocates ignore or deny this aspect. Libertarians consider minimum wages to be a tax, just one that cuts out the government middleman.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts