Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Terahertz? It’s killing me! But that’s what new scanners the NYPD is testing use to see whether or not someone’s packing heat. More specifically, it looks for the outline of something blocking the body’s natural emissions of terahertz radiation — something shaped like a gun. This, from nydailynews.com: “The department will begin testing the high-tech device for use on the street. The device is small enough to be placed in a police vehicle or stationed at a street corner where gunplay has occurred in the past.” The new equipment won’t be used to scan people about to board planes. No, the new gizmos are intended to peer at (and under the clothing of) anyone walking down the street, minding his or her own business. Mayor Mike and his army appear ready to turn the Big Apple into a giant Fourth Amendment-free zone.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
The constitution means nothing to the commie bastards....:mad:

Reactions: Willboat and darbo

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
This is getting asinine now. Drones in the air, terahertz scanners on the ground..... It is like the Terminator movie. just replace "skynet" with big government.
Shades of what is to come nationally I am afraid. But the sheeple allow it all under the false promise of safety.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Living in a Zoo, what else do you expect?

Reactions: Steve51

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Terahertz? It’s killing me! But that’s what new scanners the NYPD is testing use to see whether or not someone’s packing heat. More specifically, it looks for the outline of something blocking the body’s natural emissions of terahertz radiation — something shaped like a gun. This, from nydailynews.com: “The department will begin testing the high-tech device for use on the street. The device is small enough to be placed in a police vehicle or stationed at a street corner where gunplay has occurred in the past.” The new equipment won’t be used to scan people about to board planes. No, the new gizmos are intended to peer at (and under the clothing of) anyone walking down the street, minding his or her own business. Mayor Mike and his army appear ready to turn the Big Apple into a giant Fourth Amendment-free zone.
Easily defeated by chainmail...

·
Registered
538 Posts
Just when you think New York can't get any worse. They may take our large sodas, but they will never take OUR FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOOM! (Now just pretend that was said with a Scottish accent.)

PS: If that was excessive, I apologize. I get really bored at work.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
If I lived there, I would keep wads of tin foil shaped like guns in my pockets... just to drive the cops crazy.
I'm sure they would just arrest you for making a terrorist threat. You know, like some grade schooler with a paper gun or Hello Kitty squirt gun.

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Use it on Dumburg's head. I think it would prove that there's nothing there.

Reactions: threedogstwo

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Oh big brother, where art thou.

Reactions: lonestarbandit

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
These devices won't last.
People will steal them and sell them in the 'hood as 3D TV sets.

(Don't believe it? A few years back, guys in some 'hood were selling "flat screen TVs" from the back of a van; turned out they were oven doors with an electrical cord attached.)

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Them TSA scanners gotta go somewhere!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I wonder if there is gonna be a way to zap it with some egghead device??

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Nah, that doesn't make me feel safe.

But this does.
That is course is the gun you USED to have before your unfortunate boating accident, right?

Reactions: gbusmech
1 - 20 of 31 Posts