Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to order a Taurus Millennium Pro in .40 S&W (PT-140SSP), but I'm a little concerned because the Taurus web sit describes it as "DOA" - though in another place they say "DA/SA." They also list the weight as 18.7 oz in one place and 23.5 oz in another. I'm wondering if the heavier weight is with a magazine - or possibly a full magazine, while the lighter weight is witout a magazine (or with an empty one).

I want the SA/DA version (not a true DAO), and the weight is an important issue as well (I probably wouldn't get it if it weighs 23.5 oz empty). So, if I order a new "Millenium Pro PT-140SSP" is there any danger I won't get the SA/DA trigger? Or is that all they make now, and the web site is just outdated. It's pretty frustrating that the web site raises more questions than it answers.

Thanks

Doug

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
There seems to be a mixture of models in inventory. I would think that by carefully specifying what you order. As to the weight issue, I've not seen the difference, but I would guess that it might be a function of the model.

Your dealer should be able to specify what you want when you order... good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information. I have seen the websites from which my dealer would order (wholesalers - I guess Taurus doesn't sell guns directly to dealers). They are also unclear - most show the guns as DAO, but this may be a carry-over from the earlier version, or possibly just taken from the Taurus web site. Apparently it is tough to really get more information from the wholesalers - they just have the orders filled from their warehouses. It isn't like the sales people can check the gun you are getting - they have to rely on the part number and description.

So it sounds like even if its called a "Millennium Pro" and the model is "PT-140SSP" it could have either a true DAO trigger, or the new SA/DA trigger? Changing the trigger mechanism without at least changing the model number seems like a poor decision on the part of Taurus.

Thanks

Doug

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
If they can get a serial number I think you can tell what generation (DAO vs SA/DA) from that. Others here would know more about this.

Steelheart

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've also wondered what the difference is between these models. (Aside from the obvious difference in action and weight.) I believe I saw that the DAO model was single stack, at least in .45

I haven't had the time to really look into it, but I'm on the fence about which model I would want to purchase. There's no decock lever on the SA/DA model, from what I hear also. So my assumtion is you'd have to carry it condition 1.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts