Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read such in one of the new posts somewhere in this forum, and it made me curious.

If so, where is the plant, and what do they produce there? The entire line of firearms?
Or just a few of them?

If it is true, it would be an added reason to buy from them!

Thanks!
;D

·
Registered
497 Posts
In 1982 Taurus opened their plant in Miami, Fl, Taurus USA. They mainly manufacture the small .22 &.25 caliber semi-auto pistols in the Florida plant. They were recently profiled on NRA's American Rifleman TV.

Check out the company's history at; http://www.taurususa.com/company/history.cfm

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The company history article doesn't say which guns are manufactured at the Miami plant.

It mentions that that "Bangor Punta" owned both Taurus and Smith & Wesson at one point.
Bango Punta was the company that purchased Piper aircraft and ran it into the ground
as well (pun intended). But, that is another story which doesn't belong here.

Ok, the PT745 is still on my list of "suspects" for my next purchase.

Later, TP.

·
Registered
132 Posts
It say made in Brazil, but I know they have a plant in FL. Maybe the parts are made in Brazil and assembled in FL. Similar to BMW............made in Germany and they have an assembly plant in SC. Maybe its this way so the ATF can keep a tabs on everything..........you know its all about control.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Perhaps the firearms made in FL don't score enough ATF points to allow importation into this country?

You don't see a lot of small autos being imported anymore. Walther .380s are being made here under the S&W name.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts