Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member from Maine. Been lurking for a while looking and gleaning information. Was up in the air as to what I wanted. A friend brought out his S&W 500 magnum and I am now hooked on BIG BORES!!!!!! He also has a Judge and I thought that was the way I wanted to go. I wanted a bit more versatility so I had ordered the Raging Judge.

Slept on it for a bit----more like tossed and turned. Wasn't too sure about the 410. Didn't feel I would use it often enough to warrant the added weight of the Raging Judge. Sooooooooo talked to my dealer and told him to change the order to a Raging Bull 454 Casull, 6 1/2: barrel.

So that's where I am right now ------ waiting and waiting -------- of course there are 5" and 8 3/8" barrels to be had but no 6 1/2". That's ok I need time to find the money to fund the purchase.

edster

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Welcome aboard, and Howdy, from Dallas, TX!
It's never too early to jump in and stir the pot a bit...

Reactions: mingaa

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Well, the more you read and research the more you should know about the care and feeding of the gun when you get it. It sounds like you have shot before - is this your first gun or first Taurus? You bought yourself some WHUP ASS there!

454.jpg

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, the more you read and research the more you should know about the care and feeding of the gun when you get it. It sounds like you have shot before - is this your first gun or first Taurus? You bought yourself some WHUP ASS there!

View attachment 45375
Nope not my first gun. Trying to get my signature set up but for now. I have 2 Springfield Xd's and a S&W M&P22 (fun and cheap to shoot)---But this is my first Taurus. Been away from shooting for many, many, many, years and decided about a month ago that I wanted back in. So I bought my first XD a 45TAC, liked it so much went back the next week and got the XD45C (compact).

The guys I shoot with have been kind enough to share their pistols and revolvers so I get a chance to try alot. Every time we shoot they bring something new to shoot. Between them there are quite a few Taurus revolvers, and I have been impressed with them. So much that I decided that my first revolver would be a Taurus.

So last weekend we had a Pot Luck and Plinking Party and one of the guys brought out the S&W 500---if that is not the definition of a hand cannon I don't know what is. Decided after shooting it that BIGGER IS WAY BETTER!!!! So that my friends is the story now you know why I am patiently waiting for my new Taurus to arrive.:icon_ lala:

·
Administrator
40,258 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
New member from Maine. Been lurking for a while looking and gleaning information. Was up in the air as to what I wanted. A friend brought out his S&W 500 magnum and I am now hooked on BIG BORES!!!!!! He also has a Judge and I thought that was the way I wanted to go. I wanted a bit more versatility so I had ordered the Raging Judge.

Slept on it for a bit----more like tossed and turned. Wasn't too sure about the 410. Didn't feel I would use it often enough to warrant the added weight of the Raging Judge. Sooooooooo talked to my dealer and told him to change the order to a Raging Bull 454 Casull, 6 1/2: barrel.

So that's where I am right now ------ waiting and waiting -------- of course there are 5" and 8 3/8" barrels to be had but no 6 1/2". That's ok I need time to find the money to fund the purchase.

edster
Welcome and I hope you enjoy it here.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Daytona Beach, Fl

·
Registered
783 Posts
If you like the Raging Bull, you need to try the Public Defender ..... you'll like it ;)

Welcome aboard from the Rust Belt!!!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Welcome from Oregon

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hello and welcome from Albuquerque New Mexico!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hello and Welcome from the Ozark Mtns of Arkansas. Nice choice I shoot the M66 4in 357 Mag in my signature pic.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico, glad to have you.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!!

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Hello from Central North Carolina and welcome to TaurusArmed.net. You are going to find some
friendly and knowledgeable people here. The Raging Bull will be worth the wait in the 6.5" version,
you are going to love it!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts