Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a cheap yet reliable single action 22lr for my Dad. I know Taurus doesnt make one does Rossi?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steelheart you rock bud thanks!

Ill try to find one next week and pick it up for that price

·
Super Moderator
34,958 Posts
I have a Rossi M511 DA .22, but to my knowledge, they've never made an SA.

The Heritage revolvers are pretty large and run under $150. I've not heard much bad about 'em as shooters.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Note that the Heritage .22 have both 22lr and 22mag cylinders. They are also available in alloy, or steel frame.
They do have an unusual saftey set-up.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
While they are economical don't expect them to last long. As the resident gun guru among my friends I tend to get the "can you fix this" and they hand me some crap. I've had a couple rough riders come my way. Granted these are the one that they shot, alot, and the timing seems to be bad. The forgings are okay but it seems the internal lock work has some stamped parts inside that don't hold up to wear and tear. They work most of the time though, and the ones that come my way have been severely abused. The new ones I've handled in the gun shows don't seem to have improved much. For the money you can get a good used H&R .22 or you can get a good used ruger for around $250 and you would be better served.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I agree with ace. Ruger makes a nice .22lr, I have a marlin which is a nice not to pricey 22lr. My dad got a Zastava for like $129, he likes it a bunch i don't see the appeal in it though. Something to look at.

...just realized this thread is a bit dated.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
i see those at a local gun shop a while ago, had them on sell for 99.99 + tax of course.. it was the .22lr only.. no mag cylinder..

personally i dont like SA revolvers but it was still tempting at that price..

however i ended up getting a S&W 22a.. they had them on sell for 169.99 w/5.5in barrel.. these however are semi-auto's.. 10shot.. feels very solid and heavy the barrel can be swapped at will for different sizes.. and is very heavy.. the only weak spot (seemingly) is the slide which looks casted.
they also have a rail on top so adding scopes is no problem.

i shot 250 at the range the other day.. no problems what so ever.. very acurate too.

how do they hold up? i dont know yet but im happy with it, the only complaint is you can chew threw 10 rounds so quick it seems like you're always reloading.. and the mags look like they could hold a few more rounds if only the guide was'nt so tall.. possibly they kept it to 10rnd for marketability?

i know you want a SA revolver but if you change your mind i highly recommend you check into one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts