Taurus Firearm Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,553 Posts
I can't believe the courts have failed and are allowing them to be sued for someone using their product in an illegal fashion. the precedent is chilling

Who's next after this ..automakers? Breweries, distilleries? Pharmaceutical companies? All of the above...

·
21,962 Posts
Who's next after this ..automakers? Breweries, distilleries? Pharmaceutical companies?
Aaaaand, that's a big part of why medical care is so expensive in the US. Shame Obama didn't fix that actual problem. And it's a shame Paul Ryan kept congress from working with President Trump to fix it.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
Aaaaand, that's a big part of why medical care is so expensive in the US. Shame Obama didn't fix that actual problem. And it's a shame Paul Ryan kept congress from working with President Trump to fix it.
If we want to bring the price of just about everything down in this country the single best thing we can do is enact judiciary and tort reform.

Texas did that years ago, to a limited degree, when it came to the medical industry and it has helped us quite a bit it drastically reduced the cost of malpractice and took us to the bottom of the list when compared to other states in terms of payouts. If a doctor royally screws up he can still be sued and patients can collect, but there is a cap on punitive damages.

·
Super Moderator
34,953 Posts
Well, I ain't selling my stainless .308 M7 NOR my 60 year old M722 in .257 Roberts.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
145 Posts
bankruptcy... type

Remington announced that its filing for bankruptcy. What exactly does that mean? Are they going out of business entirely? I feel I’ve heard of businesses that file for bankruptcy but continue to exist after the fact, but I always thought bankruptcy meant you were done as a company. If they do go out of business, what does it mean for any Remington firearms in stores? Will they go on sale (assuming any stores currently have any). What about their ammo availability? Hard to believe they are having financial difficulties during the biggest gun sales rush in history.
In Chapter 11, in most instances the debtor remains in control of its business operations as a debtor in possession, and is subject to the oversight and jurisdiction of the court.[SUP][3][/SUP]
A Chapter 11 bankruptcy will result in one of three outcomes for the debtor: reorganization, conversion to Chapter 7 bankruptcy, or dismissal.[SUP][4][/SUP] In order for a chapter 11 debtor to reorganize, the debtor must file (and the court must confirm) a plan of reorganization. In effect, the plan is a compromise between the major stakeholders in the case, including the debtor and its creditors.[SUP][5][/SUP] Most chapter 11 cases aim to confirm a plan, but that may not always be possible.

Remington has debt.. law suits (expense-huge) not enough income. Chap 11 provides reorganization of debt,, or may go to liquidation (Ch 7). One of the Tribes is negotiating to purchase Remington.. maybe...

41 - 47 of 47 Posts