Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the market for a M&P 40 and while looking for one a local dealer found me a NOS full size Talo edition M&P. I put $300 down and will be picking it up next week. I have loved the Talo guns from the first time I saw one, but have never had the chance to own one. Does anyone else own a Talo exclusive?

Here is a picture of the one I ordered.
http://www.lipseys.com/eImages/sm151152.jpg

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
I don't have any Talo edition guns, but there are a few that have gotten my interest.

I'm lookin' forward to seeing photos of your gun when you get it! :)

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I don't have any, but I have found a few to be interesting. However, if I had one, I probably couldn't decide if I should look at it or shoot it! :D

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That Birds head Vaquero is awesome! How much did that set you back?

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
"That Birds head Vaquero is awesome! How much did that set you back?"

Ruger Vaquero Talo Exclusive Birds Head Stainless 45 ACP 3.75"

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
None at the moment...but this is the one I'm lusting after....the Ruger GP100 Wiley Clapp edition....3-inch barrel .357 Mag with 3-dot fixed night sights

Attachments

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"That Birds head Vaquero is awesome! How much did that set you back?"

Ruger Vaquero Talo Exclusive Birds Head Stainless 45 ACP 3.75"

Not bad, the M&P40 I ordered is $599 OTD. I know I overpaid a little, but I'm happy with my purchase. A standard M&P runs about $525-550 around here and the Nickle Boron coating would cost me more than $75 if I were to have it done to a standard M&P.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
This Birds head Vaquero in 45acp ..is a gun I thought of once having custom built..but the price I was quoted was double what I paid for this...so this is a gun i already had in my mind when i found it.......A perfect carry utility gun..that is in a simple and very dependable Ruger single action package..the 45 acp is great cartridge and when loaded with the 200gr. LSWC makes a great predator stopper 2 legged and 4 legged ..

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
None at the moment...but this is the one I'm lusting after....the Ruger GP100 Wiley Clapp edition....3-inch barrel .357 Mag with 3-dot fixed night sights
I definitely like the sight setup on this revolver! For the life of me I don't know why more of the manufacturers don't make something like this. They are getting better with fiber optic front sights and such on some models, but come on. It would certainly be easy enough to do this on j-frame type revolvers, etc. without adding at all to the concealability. Just look at what Bowen Arms did with a Ruger model similar to the TALO one:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts