Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone I work with asked me about them because he is interested in buying one. However I know nothing about them nor have I even heard of them. I found there web site ( Cobra Firearms | Affordable Personal Protection | Compact Handguns & Derringers ) but I would like someones opinions or experiences anyone has with one if possible. I told him I would try to get some info on them for him and told him if someone on here doesn't have anything on them he may want to stay away from them. Thanks in advance for any information you all may have.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm not aware of Cobra making a .40 S&W firearm, though I've had a lot of experience with both their derringers and automatics. My experience mainly centers around repairing them.

When Cobra started cloning their derringers (specifically the Titan Derringer) after the Bond Arms derringers, I felt that Cobra finally started moving in the direction of making a quality firearm. Up until then, I've not been impressed with their build quality.

Never cared for any of their automatics. Plan on stocking up on extractors, trigger assemblies and firing pins if you get one.

If your friend is getting a derringer, I'd recommend he take a look at Bond Arms. Their derringers exude quality, are built like tanks and are regulated to shoot POA = POI. Furthermore, you won't find any zinc parts on a Bond Arms derringer.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not aware of Cobra making a .40 S&W firearm, though I've had a lot of experience with both their derringers and automatics. My experience mainly centers around repairing them.

When Cobra started cloning their derringers (specifically the Titan Derringer) after the Bond Arms derringers, I felt that Cobra finally started moving in the direction of making a quality firearm. Up until then, I've not been impressed with their build quality.

Never cared for any of their automatics. Plan on stocking up on extractors, trigger assemblies and firing pins if you get one.

If your friend is getting a derringer, I'd recommend he take a look at Bond Arms. Their derringers exude quality, are built like tanks and are regulated to shoot POA = POI. Furthermore, you won't find any zinc parts on a Bond Arms derringer.

Just my opinion.
Thanks I couldn't find any info on a 40 but found plenty on there 380 and 45 auto's not impressed. I thought like any gun you would find some negative on them but that was all I found with most brands you can find more positives then not, but not so with them I found one positive out of about 20 reviews. He basically said if you get a round off it may have done the job if not pray for two or hope the one was enough to scare them off.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
As far as I know they don't make one in .40. However, I did read an article in Combat Handguns about a 9mm version, and it was quite a handful. I imagine it would be even more so in a .40 S&W....

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have a fs380 cobra, when I first bought it, very cheap, I was concerned. It jammed every other shot through 2 mags. I cleaned it VERY well, then oiled the crap out of it and cleaned and oiled it as you normally would. Since then I have put about 500 rounds through it and have had no jams or failure to ejects from it and can tear the middle of a target out at 20 yards. With their autos you really have to oil them and take care of them very well, like you should all of your weapons.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
i cant even find the 40SW model, I think I'd stick with either their derrengers (which I would get a bond arms personally) Or the shadow revolver looks neat (but I think I'd buy a model 85 instead) I dunno reminds me of cheaper saturday night special and I've never had luck with any real cheap gun other then hi point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts