Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm about to buy an ak47 with a collapsible stock!!! does anybody here own one? what's the up's and down's of this particular weapon??!!!

THANKS

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
If I remember correctly, weren't you the member who said you were a BEGINNER with guns and couldn't lock your Security System on your PT111?

I highly recommend you take some basic classes offered by the NRA or your local range. In other words, hold off on the AK purchase.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have that ak 47 it is a wasr-10 romanain version. Nice gun and fun to shoot the down side is unless you shoot fmj all the time it will jam on you. But all in all a very fun weapon. What version are you looking at?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am!!! i've shot before, but i just made my own firearm purchase. in that regard i am a beginner! i learned the basics from my ex-girlfriends dad (who has been in the FBI for over 10 years). i had never used a Taurus before so i was still getting use to the gun. but i have taken the time to get familiar with it. if i don't know anything else, i definitely know SAFETY SAFETY SAFETY!! i sincerely thank you for your concern!!!!

God Bless

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have a Polish AK-47 and I love the little darling. It is very fun to shoot and super easy to break down to clean. A great zombie weapon. I have no regrets buying it.

·
Super Moderator
21,806 Posts
+1 NYPD you need a lot of training before you tackle military weapons this is not fun and games.
I've taken guns away from people that I was training because they could/would not follow basic instructions. please take a class or find some one competent to teach you to be safe and understand your basic gun safety rules. hint #1 if they show up with beer leave.... ahh the slide lock is a basic part of every auto if you can't identify this part then your training is not what you think it is. please refere to the above paragraph.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
I don't personally own an AK-47 but I've caused many to drop them unfired!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
mp3mogul said:
I don't personally own an AK-47 but I've caused many to drop them unfired!
+1

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I GOT IT ANYWAY!!!! listen, i love life and safety is my ultimate priority! i read the manual and my good friend (who is a vet, served in iraq) is going to show me the ropes tomorrow morning. i'll let you guys know how it goes.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I have 2 Romanians. One folding stock, one collapsible. They shoot anything you put in them and have decent accuracy.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice!!!! i'll have to put some pics up. i'm going to shoot mine for the first time to day!!!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Did you stock up on Wolf ammo? That will be a necessity as you will love shooting your AK and Wolf gives you the most ammo for the money.

·
Registered
76 Posts
This weapon or an M4-A2 will be my next purchase. Paulrabe, your weapons look great. I would love to have one with a collapsable stock. May I inquire where you got yours?

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
You know something weird, the AK-47 makes a distinctive sound when fired that no other gun makes. I don't care how many 7.62mm's I listen to... and I can do it blindfolded... I can tell you which one is the AK-47.... brings back some memories... lol

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MP3 you are correct!!! i just got back from shooting my wasr10 romanian AK47 and there was nothing out there that sounded like it. I LOVE IT! for those that were concerned about my newbie skills i made sure to ask the range master for instruction. i learned a lot. i cleaned it before i went, put about 130 rounds through it with no problems! ENOUGH ABOUT AK'S! this is a taurus forum. lol, i also shot my pt111 pro for the first time! no recoil, accurate, NO JAMS!!! i put about 140 rounds through it. my friends were jealous because they liked my guns better!! lol

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
That is true that this is a Taurus forum but many of us do have and enjoy other firearms. Thats the reason for the Other Long Arms and Other Handguns sections.

Besides, as much as Taurus has for a selection there isn't anything I'd pick for a first choice for a serious bad times gun. For that I'd rather have something like an AR or an AK. Now if Taurus would start making an AR or an AK life would get interesting....

Steelheart

·
Super Moderator
21,806 Posts
I'm glade you got instuction from the range officer and enjoyed your trip.Even though this is a Taurus forum we don't frown on you owning different brands or talking about them. keep us posted and don't forget pics :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Ya know, when you consider that they get prepubescent children to use them over in Africa, all you really have to worry about with a Kalashnikov design is the Four Rules.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts