Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my 709slim with something else. I've lost faith in it as my carry weapon and I was wondering if the 809c is small enough to carry concealed. I'm afraid its gonna be a tad to large but I cant find any stats other than barrel length. Ive narrowed my serch down to a Glock 36, a Glock 26, walther pps, and the 809c.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Don't know those specs- as I was looking for one of those about a year ago.
If you want a 9mm, and you are looking at the Glocks and Walthers anyway........take a peek at a Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Carry. Cost is about $400. Its all steel frame but only weighs 23 oz, and carries 13 rounds. Da/sa with decocker/safety. Those who shoot them like them.
The only reason I am looking at them is that I bought a Bersa Thunder 380 to replace my pocket carry 380. Its the best shooting gun I have ever had-all inclusive. I was so impressed with the Thunder 380 that I started looking at their other guns- they seem to get a lot of positive reviews.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I am seriously looking at this Kahr .40 that weighs 18oz's. I saw this on the ShotShow a cpl of weeks ago.

Introducing the Kahr CM40: a compact, and affordable, new pistol chambered in .40 S&W. According to Kahr, the CM40 is an extension of the CM-series of pistols that was introduced in 2011.

Kahr CM40 :: Guns Holsters and Gear

The Kahr CM40 has a 3″ barrel and weighs less than 18 ounces with the magazine. The pistols are thin: only 0.94″ wide.

The magazines have flush fitting floorplates, and hold five rounds for a total capacity of six. I would expect that Kahr will introduce an extended magazine that will hold six rounds (for a total of seven) later in the year, but that is pure speculation on my part.

The sights use the dot/bar configuration and are large enough for real use.

MSRP is $517, which means “street” prices should be in the mid-$400′s. Like the CM9, the CM40 draws features from the company’s more expensive lines, but uses some cost-cutting measures to draw down the MSRP. One stainless steel magazine.

And I do have a Taurus 809 too, not sure if its a C model though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've got the 809c, and I carry it every day in an owb holster. The standard 13 rd mag and the extended 17 rd mag were the big seller for me. It's a great shooting gun.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've the 845 myself, bit big for summer carry but you could prob. get away with a light jacket if you have the proper holster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts