Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Do you think Taurus should make their own caliber?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering if you guys would like to see Taurus coming out with their own caliber? It seems to be popular these days for gun makers to come up with something :-\ .45gap, .357sig, .480ruger, .500 and .40 S&w...etc

If voted yes, what would you want them to make? :)

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
imo there are more then enough calibers out there already, so many have been forgotten and lost to time..

unless you just wanna make one bigger and bigger.. i'd say most every combination has been tried already for anything practical.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
imo there are more then enough calibers out there already, so many have been forgotten and lost to time..
Yeah, i have to agree on that one ;)
Sometimes guys in here mention a caliber and i am like "HUH"..lol
I bet until Elections are over, nobody is going to do anything new :rolleyes:

Interesting post...Gray_Wolf
Way to keep us thinkin in here :D

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Keep this up, and to go shoot your gonna have to have a 5 man gun crew!! :D Well, I saw hype for the .17, and the guns if you factor in the 22. Where are most of them now? :???:

The 327 might make it because it is based on an earlier cartridge. Possibly some of the better newer 32's could fire it. I have not checked that out.

Is bigger and badder better!! No I am not rhyming!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I think Taurus' money would be better spent in trying to ensure that the product lines they already have don't leave the factory untill they won't have to come back.
I voted No.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree that there are too many calibers already, but I still voted yes :D only because I'm curious what they'd come up with...

how about .45 Raging Bull? :mad: .45ACP on steroids... but I guess it's been done before :-[

·
Administrator
40,165 Posts
Nah...I'm not gonna change what I got already.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I'd rather have more varied platforms for existing cartridges than a new propriety cartridge. A PT1911 in, oh say 10mm, would adequately fit the bill. :D

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
There are so many problems with designing a new cartridge that it just doesn't make sense to do it. It's one thing to wildcat a shell, but there is just too much money riding on an investment like that it seems that any gun company would be foolish to do it. But trial and error is how progress is made so eventually they might try it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Gray_Wolf said:
I agree that there are too many calibers already, but I still voted yes :D only because I'm curious what they'd come up with...

how about .45 Raging Bull? :mad: .45ACP on steroids... but I guess it's been done before :-[
You're right, that's .45 Long Colt +P

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
You all making me wonder if THE JUDGE would fire and handle +p.

I may have to visit that idea sometime in the future. I love it just the way it is right now.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
It would be nice to see a PT1911 chambered in something like the .50GI...maybe a .50T for Taurus

or a Raging Bull in a 600 magnum called the .600RB

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just went to the range and took 6 of my many guns. I also took 2 boxes 45's, 38's, 9mm,
40's and 22's (I used 38's in the 357). While I was lugging in the 10 boxes of ammo I was just thinking to myself "man I wish I had a gun that used a different shell than I already own so I can carry in another 2 boxes".

Some people are just gun happy if you ask me :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts