Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I'm new here. I still love my taurus pt 24/7 pro. 45. I was planning to buy a glock a few months ago, but i realized that my 11 year old 24/7 is still fresh & i prefer a polymer striker fired pistol w/ a thumb safety. I bought this slightly used from a friend in 2011. So, instead of buying a glock 17, i decided to just buy additional mec-gar p-14 magazines. 12+1 (factory mags) plus 2 mec-gar 14 rounders as back up for EDC is good enough for me. I tried shooting glocks in the range, just testing my friends' glocks but i can shoot this better than glocks. I'm planning to use this in a IPSC competition style practices to train myself/enhanced my shooting skills w/ it. This also serves as my rotation carry w/ my Armscor/RIA 1911. By the way, my 24/7 already fired about 3,400 rounds. How about yours?
IMG_20201023_170041.jpg

·
Super Moderator
36,098 Posts
I really loved my PT145 SS and often regret turning it in for the recall...Dumb.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I sent my 24/7 Pro .40 S&W back under the Carter Recall. I expected to receive a replacement in .40 S&W since that is what I sent back. Was surprised and disappointed when I was told all replacement pistols would be 9mm. I finally received a PT111 G2 9mm in FDE which I promptly sold since I already owned one. Looking back now I should have kept the .40.

·
Super Moderator
26,971 Posts
I kept my 24/7 mainly because my late FIL did a handmade, tooled, leather holster for it. he died less than a year after he made it.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Mine is a 9mm beat up truck gun I scored as boot on a trade for another Rifle I had Yes it is still a go to and is all of that...

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
I have three - 1-9mm & two .40S&W models in sig.

Reactions: Omar Dude

·
Administrator
35,320 Posts
I sent my 24/7 Pro back in under the recall. It was old and tired and likely not safe. I could duplicate the issue where you could pull the trigger slightly, put the safety on, and then proceed to pull the trigger (in an unloaded gun, of course). I got a G2S from Taurus in exchange and it's been a fine gun. I didn't send back in the PT145 I have, it spent many years as my primary carry weapon and it's identical to the 24/7 Pro in almost every way including the magazines used. I've kept that gun for mainly range fun, but I probably wouldn't hesitate at all using it for carry again if I really needed to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I sent my 24/7 Pro back in under the recall. It was old and tired and likely not safe. I could duplicate the issue where you could pull the trigger slightly, put the safety on, and then proceed to pull the trigger (in an unloaded gun, of course). I got a G2S from Taurus in exchange and it's been a fine gun. I didn't send back in the PT145 I have, it spent many years as my primary carry weapon and it's identical to the 24/7 Pro in almost every way including the magazines used. I've kept that gun for mainly range fun, but I probably wouldn't hesitate at all using it for carry again if I really needed to.
I still carry my 24/7 pro. 45 as a rotation w/ my Armscor/RIA 1911 FS 45. I love the lighter weight of the 24/7 and the long trigger slack makes me feel safer to carry it. I drop tested it again just last week at the firing range. I threw it away w/ a load in the chamber w/ the thumb safety on. It never fired. I also keep a load in its chamber 24/7.

·
Super Moderator
36,098 Posts
^^ Yikes...most people do that with a primed but not loaded case in the chamber.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,960 Posts
I still carry my 24/7 pro. 45 as a rotation w/ my Armscor/RIA 1911 FS 45. I love the lighter weight of the 24/7 and the long trigger slack makes me feel safer to carry it. I drop tested it again just last week at the firing range. I threw it away w/ a load in the chamber w/ the thumb safety on. It never fired. I also keep a load in its chamber 24/7. View attachment 474475
Occasionally a person will have one of those unintentional “tests”.

😂

Glad to know nothing was damaged!

·
Administrator
17,827 Posts
I still have and use all three of my "Lawsuit" Pistols. My 9mm 24/7 Pro is still in my Carry Rotation. My late production Pre-G2 9mm PT111 Millennium Pro is my favorite Summer Carry Pistol. My .45 24/7 OSS has been a favorite "House Gun" and I used to open carry it when I worked on a small farm, and it accounted for one Coyote that took an un-healthy interest in me. I still shoot them, but very sparingly, as parts are scarce and support non-existent.

Top Row-Left to Right:
.45 24/7 OSS
9mm 24/7 Pro
9mm PT111 Millennium Pro

Hi guys! I'm new here. I still love my taurus pt 24/7 pro. 45. I was planning to buy a glock a few months ago, but i realized that my 11 year old 24/7 is still fresh & i prefer a polymer striker fired pistol w/ a thumb safety. I bought this slightly used from a friend in 2011. So, instead of buying a glock 17, i decided to just buy additional mec-gar p-14 magazines. 12+1 (factory mags) plus 2 mec-gar 14 rounders as back up for EDC is good enough for me. I tried shooting glocks in the range, just testing my friends' glocks but i can shoot this better than glocks. I'm planning to use this in a IPSC competition style practices to train myself/enhanced my shooting skills w/ it.
You might want to re-think shooting Your PT24/7 Pro .45 in IPSC shooting, as serious wear on your Pistol is likely to happen and parts are scarce. Back when I shot USPSA/IPSC Limited 10 Major with my .45 Witness, I went through a few Recoil and Firing Pin Springs, Magazine Springs, and one Barrel. When you shoot roughly 600 rounds a month, the wear all adds up. Same things happened with an SA 1911 and a 9x21 Race Gun. Even my 9mm Taurus PT92 has needed some Springs and a few Locking Blocks from being shot in IPSC.

At the most, my "Lawsuit" Pistols see 50 rounds a year, which is done for familiarity/practice, before being carried or put on active duty.
They cannot be "replaced" and it is unlikely we will ever see their quality of design again.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I went through a similar experience with my Duo-Tone PT145 Millenium Pro several months ago. After looking at some other pistols, I just refreshed my old Taurus and I'm loving it more than ever. I got some 14-round MecGar mags, a new Viridian laser/light combo, built a couple of new holsters and then was gifted some William's Fire sights. It's a heckuva set up! Glad I didn't give it to Taurus for a few bucks back when the lawsuit was on! Personally, I think it's pretty impressive to be able to conceal 15 rounds of 45ACP with a light and laser. She rides to work in my truck daily and the tucks IWB when I'm places where I can carry.

·
Registered
36,334 Posts
^^ Yikes...most people do that with a primed but not loaded case in the chamber.
well ACTUALLY--only those with no coordination or a lack of fast movement do it that way!!!!---LOL
facepalm,.jpg

·
Registered
36,334 Posts
Occasionally a person will have one of those unintentional “tests”.

😂

Glad to know nothing was damaged!
Why are you guys so down on Glock owners???
2016-05-23 14.42.15.jpg

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,960 Posts
Reactions: rodfair

·
Registered
36,334 Posts
YOU were the one that mentioned Glock.

I just didn’t disagree.

😂
well--ahh I jut assumed that when you said unintentional discharge well you know the rest!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I like my 24/7 PRO C in. 40S&W. Great gun, nice size, accurate. Was thinking about sending it in under the recall until I heard PT111 G2 was all you could get. My 24/7 is twice the pistol a PT111 G2 is. Glad I kept it.

Reactions: Omar Dude
1 - 20 of 22 Posts