Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
THe night stand next to my side of the bed. Once I get my hands on some velcro, it will be velcrod to the back of the night stand.

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
I just lay my carry piece up there every night, whatever I'm carrying. I have a M85UL in the drawer, too, that stays there unless I'm carrying it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
why don't ya get an old beater holster and use a small screw and washer assembly to hold it to the back of the stand. If for some reason you have to use it, and you accidently pull the holster loose, the noise from velcro can be heard for miles when it is dark and quiet.

·
Registered
111 Posts
On top of the nightstand but I have NO small children in the house plus you have to get by the Pit BULL and a Minature Dachshund that thinks she can take anyone down first. Wife and I both shoot well she better than me most of the time LOL and my baby at home is 17 stands 6'3" and goes 250lbs.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Do I sleep with my gun? No, but I do kiss it occassionally...

I have two small children (ages 4 and 2) so I can't just leave the gun out for them to get to. I have a pistol safe next to the bed, with a four button security code. I made sure to get one that locks you out after three failed attempts. The key is very well hidden. If either of my girls tries to get into it (they haven't even noticed it yet...), they won't be able to.

Inside the safe is my Ruger P90 loaded with CorBon 200 grain JHP +P ammo. I also have a good flashlight next to the bed.

Lastly, I also keep a cell phone and a charged phone next to my bed.

Todd

·
Registered
539 Posts
On the Night Stand at night. On my person as soon as I get out of bed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The collection is locked in the gun cabinet, except for the flavor of the day which is on the nightstand beside the bed.

RH

·
Registered
108 Posts
My M85 carry is in the nightstand drawer, and my Smith 9mm HD gun is on the nightstand. Everything else is in the safe. My Golden Retriever and Water Spaniel will give me plenty of warning.

·
Registered
58 Posts
One gun (40 cal) in the drawer of night stand next to my bed and one (45 cal.) under my pillow but with no round chambered. If I do have to get up and investigate some noises in the wee hours of the night, one primary and one back up.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Got a pistol safe before we moved into house (she has 2 kids, 1 11yo and the other 16 yo). At night my XD (carry gun), my M85 (alt. carry gun) and her Kahr P9 live in there. There's also a 3D maglight next to the bed as well as a cell phone. If I'm up and dressed for the day, I'm armed. If I have to get up for something (answer the door for a package etc) I grab something from the safe to have on me.

In over 3 years I think I've grabbed a gun to check on a noise once, and I couldn't tell you what I thought I heard. The maglite has been taken many times. We do have a very protective shelty-cross that is the alarm system. But then again, I've been known to hear stuff outside before she does.

Theres also a Surefire flashlight around the living area of the house incase I need to check on a noise when I'm awake and dressed.

Steelheart

·
Registered
13 Posts
PT1911 on my nightstand, Mossberg 500 loaded with Hornady TAP 00 Buck in the top of my open closet, right next to my loaded AR-15. And my CCW (PT111) is usually sitting where I take it off on my dresser.

My plan is to grab the handgun first, and get the shotgun ASAP. If I have to leave the hallway (my house has all the bedrooms at one end, so I shouldn't have to), I'll grab the AR-15 from my wife (who shoots it pretty well).

·
Registered
123 Posts
I keep my Glock 35 with a M3 light attatched on my bedstand. I also have a "safty-blok" thingy in the trigger. Last thing I wanna do is be grabbing my Glock, chambered, while dreamy bewbies are still bouncing around in my sleep riddin' coco-nut. Before anybody says anything, it only takes me probably a fourth of a second to pop it out, and it does pop out with much vigor, and no, I don't need to put my trigger finger in there, I can pop it out with the side of my finger. If I get a 24/7 OSS, won't be a concern ;D. Oh yeah, on weekends when I have my sonny boy, I'll keep what ever on the night stand un-chambered. He knows veeeeeeeery well not to touch guns, but if the devil tempted him, he ain't strong enough to pull the slide back. When he does get strong enough, well, if I need to, I can get one of them finger touch safes I got my girlfriend.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've got 2 soon to be three boys in the house so my 24/7 stays in the safes in the closet with the rest of my guns. It is still easy to get to, 5-8 sec. after I wipe the sleep out of my eyes. Been meaning to get one of those gun vaults with the finger pads for under the bed, but haven't convinced the wife yet that I need another safe. I'll probably get one with out her permission and she'll be mad at me for awhile, but I'll feel better knowing that my pistol is 2 seconds away instead of 7. Also phone is next to the bed and lights on the gun.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My PT 92 sits right between my bed and my nightstand, single shot 12 GA with a mark 5 shell next to my bedroom door, and a marlin 22 rifle sits at the foot of my bed with a scope that can knock the balls off of a fly at 100 yards. I live in a top floor apartment with no children, so break-ins are not likely but any little glass breaking noise will wake me up and if it's my car there's gonna be some hurtin' applied to the bad guy. ;D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Most of my pistols are in my nightstand. I can, in about 5 seconds, select which one I want to use (probably the one on top in the top drawer. ;D ) and have it ready. I don't sleep as lightly as I used to and don't seem to wake a quickly as I used to so I don't keep one under my pillow or in the headboard. I want to make sure I'm awake enough to make decision properly and that I can focus well enough to carry out that decision.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Mr. Peepers, I'm curious, whats a Mark 5 shotgun shell?

Steelheart

·
Registered
130 Posts
Old brand of shell "Western Super X #2 Mark 5" 2 3/4 inch 12 guage magnum shell, it was reloaded heavily by an old duck hunter, these shells will knock a hole in anything. They were given to me and at present I have roughly 350 shells left from around 500. I can't shoot them for fun because they hurt like the dickens so they are strickly for defense, and rightly so. I shot a turkey with one and it tore it in half. They will put the hurt on anything I shoot at.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts