Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the protests are covid ignorant - do not follow the safety guidelines.

Trump plans a political rally and the covid-19 safety concerns flood the liberal media.

Even the "contact tracers" have been told to not ask if any Covid positive people attended any protests.

·
Super Moderator
13,778 Posts
The hypocrisy is so blatant, it's being noted around the country. (Up to a year ago I would have asked how stupid does the media think Americans are, but events of late have answered that question.)

·
Registered
322 Posts
The hypocrisy is so blatant, it's being noted around the country. (Up to a year ago I would have asked how stupid does the media think Americans are, but events of late have answered that question.)
How stupid you ask? Well by electing Gov. Gavin and Fancy Nancy in Cal. thru Presidential candidate de blasio and El Duce coumo in NY, yes, from coast to coast Americans are living up to the medias perceptions of Americans.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
How many anti-Trump people are going to the rally and deliberately cough and spit the Rona on people? Imagine if thousands get sick and they are all traced to the rally. You don't think they'd stoop to that level, do you?
I do.
But if there are outbreaks associated with the BLM protests, do you think it will even make the headlines/broadcasts?

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
I do.
But if there are outbreaks associated with the BLM protests, do you think it will even make the headlines/broadcasts?
In New York City, contact tracers have been specifically told not to ask people if they had been involved in a protest. Not that it matters, because I doubt the information would become public, anyway.

On another tack, the protests and a campaign rally are two completely different creatures, exposure-wise. Protests outside, more fresh (relatively, given that it's a city) air circulation, sunshine -- all those things that help reduce exposure.

Campaign rally -- inside, mechanical air RE-circulation -- things that help worsen exposure.

Much is being made of the campaign's requirement for attendees to sign waivers releasing the campaign from liability if COVID cases result.

Well, duh. It would only take a few cases, and the lawyers would be baying on the scent of money, likely egged-on and funded by political opponents looking for opportunities to harass and drain resources.

Anyway, it's not likely anyone would get into ANY campaign event without some sort of release from liability involved, whether openly signed or fine-printed on the back of a ticket.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Much is being made of the campaign's requirement for attendees to sign waivers releasing the campaign from liability if COVID cases result.

Well, duh. It would only take a few cases, and the lawyers would be baying on the scent of money, likely egged-on and funded by political opponents looking for opportunities to harass and drain resources.

Anyway, it's not likely anyone would get into ANY campaign event without some sort of release from liability involved, whether openly signed or fine-printed on the back of a ticket.
I could see 10,000 libs saying they were at the rally and using that as a tool to bleed out Trump's campaign fund. Even if there was no proof they caught it there.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Mods, Shouldn’t this topic go into the Covid or politics discussions?

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
I could see 10,000 libs saying they were at the rally and using that as a tool to bleed out Trump's campaign fund. Even if there was no proof they caught it there.
Oh come on now. They're not going to come up with a virus and say the country needs to shut down or anything crazy like that. Next thing you'll be saying they're gonna do away with police departments. Sheesh, how gullible do you think we are?

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
That's why I have been calling it a fauxdemic. Coronavirus is a real virus, but cornavirus as practiced around the word is a participation event and I choose not to participate.

Originally it was "Flatten the curve" then it morphed into eradicate the virus. The coronavirus fauxdemic is a three legged stool. First is fear, second is ignorance. Both go hand in hand. People were fearful of a brand new virus strain they knew nothing about, which is an understandable feeling. Third is pseudo altruism (Mainly self aggrandizing acts hidden behind a facade of supposed selflessness). Those are the people who once they realized flattening the curve wouldn't elevate their social standing for long started calling for eradication before lock downs were lifted. It's the third leg which leads me to believe I was right all along, this thing is not worthy of the shutdowns.

As far as I cam concerned, many of those who loudly called for protracted shutdowns and social distancing shot their argument in the foot when, all the sudden, the protests were ok. You cant have both. Many of those same voices are following the third leg when it comes to the protests.

Maybe I am a bit cynical, but hey this is humanity we are talking about! ;) :D

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I think we might be talking about apples and oranges here. The liberal media did express grave concern over the potential spreading of the virus due to the protests, I can say this confidently as I tuned in to them on several occasions throughout the protests and that was a hot topic among the reporters as well as a whole slew of health experts they brought in to be talking heads. However, the majority of the people out there while not social distancing properly, were at least wearing masks. Also, these weren't planned events, the protests just happened as a response to an enough is enough reaction and to try and shut them down when temps were that high, would have only increased the potential for violence and destruction. And the big one here is, all these protests took place outdoors were the virus is much less spreadable.

Now we have to look at the other example which is the Trump rallies, and here is the major differences. 1. Trump, our leader, has now gone into virus downplay mode. 2. These crowds are going to be indoors (to the best of my knowledge, please correct me if I'm wrong here but that seems to be a major point of the left media). 3. Most of the people attending, or at least certainly a greater number by comparison and percentage will most likely be not wearing masks (and you can see #1 as one of the reasons why). 4. These crowds are going to be older on average significantly rather than the younger that attended the protests. 5. Numbers appear to be rising a large number of states right now.

Personally you wouldn't catch me at either type gathering, and I think that's the mindset of most people currently. Honestly if Biden were to host a rally right now with the Obama's as guest speakers and best lineup of musical guests in history, I know of very few people who would even think about attending. It's still too dangerous to cozy up in large gatherings, especially in enclosed spaces, and all the excuses and nay sayings aside, if you have to sign a waiver to go, you might want to think better about this being a good time for any of this.

Reactions: one42A and Nick1946

·
Super Moderator
19,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Registered
752 Posts
Don't ask that question outside of this forum. Far too many Americans these days would take that as a challenge to prove just how dumb they are! ;)

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
And the big one here is, all these protests took place outdoors were the virus is much less spreadable.

Now we have to look at the other example which is the Trump rallies, and here is the major differences. 1. Trump, our leader, has now gone into virus downplay mode. 2. These crowds are going to be indoors (to the best of my knowledge, please correct me if I'm wrong here but that seems to be a major point of the left media). 3. Most of the people attending, or at least certainly a greater number by comparison and percentage will most likely be not wearing masks (and you can see #1 as one of the reasons why). 4. These crowds are going to be older on average significantly rather than the younger that attended the protests. 5. Numbers appear to be rising a large number of states right now.
And that point (outdoors versus indoors) was what a left wing relative of mine said regarding a comparison of protests versus the Trump rally, and said Trump should hold it at an outdoor stadium. Of course the potential problem with that is the potential for bad weather, although die hard Trump supporters would probably show up anyway.

·
Registered
332 Posts
How many anti-Trump people are going to the rally and deliberately cough and spit the Rona on people? Imagine if thousands get sick and they are all traced to the rally. You don't think they'd stoop to that level, do you?
I don’t think it’ll matter if anyone contracts the rona from a Trump rally, they’ll be branded with it if they were within 100miles either way.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
The establishment has no problem with murdering babies. They wouldn't think twice about infecting conservatives.
Interesting -- are you suggesting liberals might purposely send infected people into the rally to try to infect other attendees?

Hmm. Wonder if that would qualify as domestic bio-terrorism? Certainly, no American would stoop so low as to deliberately infect fellow Americans.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Interesting -- are you suggesting liberals might purposely send infected people into the rally to try to infect other attendees?

Hmm. Wonder if that would qualify as domestic bio-terrorism? Certainly, no American would stoop so low as to deliberately infect fellow Americans.
After watching the riots I think they would and I think many of those against Trump and on the left would pay to have it happen!

·
Registered
3,606 Posts

Why should they bother? If there is going to be 15000 people inside I'm willing to bet someone will be there with covid and without a mask. Maybe several someones. Whether they infect someone else while there and how many is unknown.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts