Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
14,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the original owner having ordered this back when Taurus first entered the .500 Magnum market place. It had never been fired before today, and now has a total of 3 rounds fired through it. All 3 rounds fired perfect and kicked like a Mule.

This is not a firearm for the timid. It is not a carry weapon. It may have no other purpose other than to distroy its target and leave an impression of total distruction in sound alone. One the other side, if you were to choose to use this as your carry weapon, I don't think you will run into anyone else on the street doing the same. If you live in a state that allow Open Carry you could impress others with the massive size of your weapon. If you believe in the addage that size matters...this is a pistol you should have.

I would prefer to sell this Face 2 Face and not ship. However, we don't always get what we prefer. So if it is to be shipped, it must go to your FFL for transfer which will be at your cost. Shipping charges will be actual cost plus insurance.

If you have any questions please ask.

$878.00

Photos were taken after the pistol had been fired and not yet cleaned.

Photo below is the .500 next to a M85 38spl for size comparision

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
It scares me!!

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Sorry, but I want my firearms to punish others and/or please me. This one just reeks of pain. However, it is impressive as can be.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Would you take a slightly used three year old on trade? Man I just bought my new AK and M327 so I am dried up but God do I want this!

Reactions: scrabtree6

·
Registered
31,991 Posts
If I lived in Grizz country, it would be a bargain and I would buy it, but only if you took it to the range and shot practice for me! :D

·
Registered
31,991 Posts
Would you take a slightly used three year old on trade? Man I just bought my new AK and M327 so I am dried up but God do I want this!
I forgot about Sasquatch country!

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Sort of a Brown Bear Belly Gun...................sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeett.......

·
Registered
14,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I lived in Grizz country, it would be a bargain and I would buy it, but only if you took it to the range and shot practice for me! :D
You don't really need to practice, the sound will scare any living thing causing it to run in an opposite direction from the sound.
The second round that I fired it, I had wrapped a micro fiber cloth around the grip three times to help asorb the shock...it helped, but this sucker is still a nasty beast to fire.

·
Registered
14,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, I'll sweeten the deal....I will also include a box of ammunition with 17 of the 20 rounds remaining.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Always wanted one... Unfortunately, my gun money went to a bedroom suit. If you still have it in a few months, I'd be glad to give it a forever home.

·
Registered
14,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Always wanted one... Unfortunately, my gun money went to a bedroom suit. If you still have it in a few months, I'd be glad to give it a forever home.
Keep it in mind, I'm in no big rush. Heck it took me over 7 years plus or minus before I ever fired it. And don't see it happening any time again in the near future.

·
Super Moderator
40,551 Posts
So many wants, so many needs, so little cash. I would love to have it just for the W:eek:W factor.

Reactions: kinggabby

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
OK, I'll sweeten the deal....I will also include a box of ammunition with 17 of the 20 rounds remaining.
Three rounds would have been enough for me too.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I can say, without a doubt, IF you ever found another one in the same condition it won't be selling for less than what he is selling this one for. Wish I could come down there and fondle it, if the timing and lockup are good I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
The pic which compares the size of that behemoth next to a regular M85 speaks VOLUMES!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts