Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Do you have a handgun available

9K views 106 replies 91 participants last post by  drummin_man627 
#1 ·
In the middle of the night? If so where and how long would it take to access it if there was a BG in your house, say 3 a.m. while you slept?

#2 ·
Yes, about 3 seconds. Did it last night, heard a loud crash in the kitchen at 4:12 am. Gun was in hand before feet hit the floor. False alarm cheap shelf broke with weight of canned food I bought getting ready for the upcoming hurricane season.

#3 ·
Yes, 12" from my bed side is my XD, in 9mm (these days). An 870 filled with 00 buck is also within reach from bed. My wife can sit up in bed and retrieve a 1911 with ease also.

#27 ·
Yea I have the 3 dog alarm system myself.
My nightstand actually sits about 8" off the wall. I'm thinking of mounting a cheap little holster to the back of the nightstand.

The guy that makes my crossbreed Holsters also makes a bedside holster. It slips between the mattresses and then has a kydex holster attached. Thinking about getting one.

#10 ·
I pretty much have a handgun available, within arms reach, most of the time. In bed, at 3am, I can have it in my hand in a
matter of seconds.

Reactions: Jobarr
#13 ·
Ledge 8" above pillow in an unzipped softcase lays a PT24/7CA in condition 1 with 15 additional rds. of 165 gr. Win PDX .40 JHP - rail mounted LED flashlight - I'm guessing 2-3 seconds to access in case of need. Laying next to it on same ledge is daily carry (PT709) in Remora 4ART-FS 7+1 Win PP 147 gr. JHP. Some were in the room, locked doors from house interior and rear door yard exit, with me are two 65 lb. Boxers with strange people attitude problems - they are VERY light sleepers. LOL

#15 ·
Nightstand, opened slightly once the boys go to bed, resides my Glock

#18 ·
After I lost all of my firearms in that awful boat/canoe accident I have been depending on the local sheriff's department to protect us. I called them about three weeks ago about some trespassers/poachers on our land but they still haven't showed up so I may have to rethink that decision. Meanwhile I have bought this....

Text Font Utility knife

#20 ·
2-3 seconds within arms reach next to my bed.

#21 ·
Near enough and close enough to make me dangerous.

#25 ·
In my night stand on my side of the bed. A Glock 21 with an attached light.

Reactions: Jobarr and Snug9mm
#28 ·
If a mouse farts one of the dogs hears it, and he barks loud, the black Shar-pei
doesn't make a sound, but at 80 pounds and a crappy demeanor, he is the dog
you don't want to tick off....
Then there is the 500 Mossy with 8 rounds of 00 and the neat strobe light
attached that I snuggle with at night......
But we are friendly folk:wacko:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.