Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the middle of the night? If so where and how long would it take to access it if there was a BG in your house, say 3 a.m. while you slept?

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Yes, about 3 seconds. Did it last night, heard a loud crash in the kitchen at 4:12 am. Gun was in hand before feet hit the floor. False alarm cheap shelf broke with weight of canned food I bought getting ready for the upcoming hurricane season.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Yes, 12" from my bed side is my XD, in 9mm (these days). An 870 filled with 00 buck is also within reach from bed. My wife can sit up in bed and retrieve a 1911 with ease also.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
yes small safe in bedroom Randy

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Keep my Ruger P95 standing up in the top nightstand drawer with grip towards me. Drawer open about 6".

Reactions: Texheim and Jobarr

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
12 gauge with 6 shots beside the bed and springfield xdm 9 with 20 rounds on top of dresser.Both an arms length away.I have a small house and it does not take long to cover one end to the other.Should it ever happen I hope I hear it before it is too late.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
In the middle of the night? If so where and how long would it take to access it if there was a BG in your house, say 3 a.m. while you slept?
My PT145 is on the night stand beside me less than an arm's length away.

My dogs (all three sleep with us) would be a very early alarm system.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
I pretty much have a handgun available, within arms reach, most of the time. In bed, at 3am, I can have it in my hand in a
matter of seconds.

Reactions: Jobarr

·
Registered
751 Posts
Loaded 1911 in a little push button safe. 5 seconds tops.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Ledge 8" above pillow in an unzipped softcase lays a PT24/7CA in condition 1 with 15 additional rds. of 165 gr. Win PDX .40 JHP - rail mounted LED flashlight - I'm guessing 2-3 seconds to access in case of need. Laying next to it on same ledge is daily carry (PT709) in Remora 4ART-FS 7+1 Win PP 147 gr. JHP. Some were in the room, locked doors from house interior and rear door yard exit, with me are two 65 lb. Boxers with strange people attitude problems - they are VERY light sleepers. LOL

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Nightstand, opened slightly once the boys go to bed, resides my Glock

·
Registered
223 Posts
Under the couch where I sleep. She's cocked and ready to rock 24/7 (she's also...a 24/7).

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Yes, about 3 seconds. Did it last night, heard a loud crash in the kitchen at 4:12 am. Gun was in hand before feet hit the floor. False alarm cheap shelf broke with weight of canned food I bought getting ready for the upcoming hurricane season.
Im slow.. About 4 second. It on the nightstand by my bed. Takes 3 seconds for my wife to wake me up and about a second to grab it.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
After I lost all of my firearms in that awful boat/canoe accident I have been depending on the local sheriff's department to protect us. I called them about three weeks ago about some trespassers/poachers on our land but they still haven't showed up so I may have to rethink that decision. Meanwhile I have bought this....

Knife.jpg

·
Registered
14,084 Posts
2 seconds to get my PT101P in my hands and ready to fire. Nice thing about the PT101P is the high capacity magazines...because it takes at least 10 seconds to clear my eyes so I can see what I am shooting at. Moral of the story is....don't wake me up and don't be where you shouldn't be to begin with.

·
Registered
477 Posts
2-3 seconds within arms reach next to my bed.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts