Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ask because I don't want to look like I'm bragging, or want to make it seem like I'm advertising or inviting trouble or anything... but I am excited about having purchased my first handgun (Judge public defender). I want to share it with my friends, but w/out looking overly excited, if that makes sense....

I was even gonna put a silly caption to make it seem less.. dangerous? Like, "Watch out Zombies, you're about to meet a new Judge and jury." :)

Anyway, your thoughts? Guns can be touchy with people, and it's not offending friends that I'm worried about (I come from a butcher family anyway, and most of them know that), but don't want to come across as, well, obsessed. :)

·
Super Moderator
35,694 Posts
I have a presence on FB and twitter and have made reference obliquely that I favor the 2nd Amendment but draw the line there. Those who are my close friends know I shoot and own firearms, the rest do not "need to know".

·
Registered
436 Posts
I would not have any problem in doing so. The only ones who are able to see what I post are either family or friends. Everyone of my friends on Facebook knows I love guns

·
Registered
496 Posts
I debated it. I decided that my friends and neighbors would benefit from knowing it was perfectly normal to carry. They don't know what all I own but I did make it know that I carry a tcp. Some of the neighbors have started to carry since then and 2 of my FB friends that once upon a time were gun haters now own and one carries.

So do you want the Gov, neighbors or friends know that you own/carry? Up to you an argument could be made for keeping it to yourself for safety or security reasons but I think it's better for society as a whole if responsible gun owners help normalize owning and carry. It should be as normal as owning a car or TV

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
No facebook stuff for me, just seems to cause problems.

Reactions: stickem2

·
Registered
253 Posts
Many photos of us shooting on FB. Set your settings to private, but DO remember that once on the net it is out there. I know that some get offended by seeing a nice young man (my son) shooting an evil black rifle.

Reactions: Armedpatriot

·
Registered
436 Posts
I debated it. I decided that my friends and neighbors would benefit from knowing it was perfectly normal to carry. They don't know what all I own but I did make it know that I carry a tcp. Some of the neighbors have started to carry since then and 2 of my FB friends that once upon a time were gun haters now own and one carries.

So do you want the Gov, neighbors or friends know that you own/carry? Up to you an argument could be made for keeping it to yourself for safety or security reasons but I think it's better for society as a whole if responsible gun owners help normalize owning and carry. It should be as normal as owning a car or TV
IMHO the Gubernet guys already know that I probably have a gun once I leave the house because they are the ones who issued my permit ( OSBI that is ) . And as far as friends and family they know as well. And once I start letting it out that I am into guns and got my CC I have noticed that several of my family are getting their CC after me and have a few that said they will sometime. Also I think it will help around Christmas ( I hope ) tell them I want ammo or gun related items .

·
Super Moderator
21,452 Posts
I use my wifes account and do not mention guns at all putting up a sign or verbiage that reads that your going to be the judge and jury can come back to haunt you in court if you do shoot someone. I know it sounds petty but depending on where you are the DA can use just about anything against you.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I use my wifes account and do not mention guns at all putting up a sign or verbiage that reads that your going to be the judge and jury can come back to haunt you in court if you do shoot someone. I know it sounds petty but depending on where you are the DA can use just about anything against you.
One thing I don't do is talk about killing .But mentioning to friends and family that I have a Cc or into gun is IMHO ok .

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Nope! I reckon not....

·
Registered
31,750 Posts
I will post 2nd amendment issues on facebook, and I blog conservative values on facebook. I may post photos of my boys, dogs and I on a hunt, but that is the extent of it. Some friends post photos at a gun range. I don't discuss my actual guns on facebook.

·
Registered
31,750 Posts
We are fortunate living in a pro gun, conservative community and all on my friends list know I am conservative in most every way and pro 2nd amendment. The few liberal friends and relatives I have don't mess with me. The ones who were argumentative or offensive, I defriended.

I blog a lot on real estate, post acceptable jokes I find on here as well as cartoons and have a good fan base on Facebook. I pick of real estate sales leads off of facebook and they are most, like minded folks.

So, yep, I'll be one of the first in all those re-education camps. My liberal girl cousin I have not seen in 45 years on the West Coast will turn me in!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I make posts about them but haven't posted any actual poctures of them. Most of my friends have seen them before anyways

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
I ask because I don't want to look like I'm bragging, or want to make it seem like I'm advertising or inviting trouble or anything... but I am excited about having purchased my first handgun (Judge public defender). I want to share it with my friends, but w/out looking overly excited, if that makes sense....

I was even gonna put a silly caption to make it seem less.. dangerous? Like, "Watch out Zombies, you're about to meet a new Judge and jury." :)

Anyway, your thoughts? Guns can be touchy with people, and it's not offending friends that I'm worried about (I come from a butcher family anyway, and most of them know that), but don't want to come across as, well, obsessed. :)
Posts your pics and exercise your bragging rights right here.
Taurus Armed is not only tolerant - we welcome new shooters/gun owners to the fold.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
I put mine up, but my photos privacy is set to friends only. Everyone i deal with on facebook knows i'm into guns, so it's never a big shock. Currently, this is my avatar on both is the RIA 1911 i just bought (as seen below). I work for the government anyway, so i'm just yet another postal worker with a small supply of armaments.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was excited when I bought my 24/7 and took a picture with my cellphone and posted it to facebook. (lot of my friends carry) was AFTER I got home and looked at the picture on the computer I realized I had taken the picture showing the serial numbers. So I pulled the pic down and haven't spoken about it since.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts