Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tactical Light/Laser~is it priced right...???
http://tinyurl.com/2ox9ax
Review:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=246417
Shock-proof, waterproof, dust-proof, and virtually indestructible!
3 Watt Luxeon® LED impervious to shock. Will not break or burn out! Extremely durable anodized aluminum housing Delivers up to 80 lumens (LED); 650-660 nm laser Up to 2.5 hrs continuous run time (Laser/LED simutaneously). Solid-state current regulation for consistent illlumination level. Laser only mode runs 45+ hrs. Features secure latching base for secure mounting. Tighten latch with your fingers or a coin. No tools necessary! Operating temperature -40° F to 120° F. Fits all light-bearing holsters. “No Excuses” Life Time Warranty. Accessories available. 4.72 oz. with batteries.
TLR-Series fits most handguns
~Sample GUN~

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Darn thing looks nice. NO rail here, so no use to me. I know I paid $50 for an add on laser that bolts on the trigger guard. So that does not seem bad. Of course the advertising prob. says good out to 500 ft. Don't believe that one.

·
Registered
579 Posts
SGT, You need to just get a flashlight and have the wife hold it far away from you. You do not want to give away your position when returning fire!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
I dont have a light or laser. I figure with a mounted light you have to point the gun where you want to light up. I would rather have the light and the gun not dependant on eachother. Lasers are just too expensive for my budget.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I use a candle mounted on the front site of my PT1911... I just need to figure out a way of keeping it from blowing out when I fire the gun. :'(

:D

·
Registered
497 Posts
Don't do rail mounted white light, but some day when I get enough money together, I'd like to add Crimson Trace Laser Grips to my carry gun.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Well, I'd rather not have to point the gun at someone until they have given me reason to. And with the light mounted on the gun you have removed that option.

Plus, many people have very poor light discipline so the light turns into a SHOOT HERE sign.

Steelheart

·
Registered
212 Posts
Mine isn't for self-defense, though it could be used for that. I bought it for hunting small pigs, I'll have to let you know how it turns out. I am putting on a lens cover, so the light will be red. This way I won't have to hold a separate flashlight.

I have a bigger gun (.454 Cassull) for bigger hogs. It has a Leupold scope & Crimson Trace laser grip.

P.S. - I don't recommend beer with your guns, it was just a convenient way to prop it up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts