Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter #1
Since I purchased a pocket pistol recently, I have found myself carrying two firearms most of the time. :guns: I still carry my main carry (PT145 IWB), but the little pocket gun is almost like carrying a pocket knife. I forget it's there. :drool: Its in my pocket from the time I dress in the morning, til bed time. At home the .45 is on or near me, but the little pocket gun is always with me. :thumb: Originally I planned on carrying the pocket gun during the hot months out of convenience, but it's quickly becoming an extra. :angel:

Anyone else find themselves doing the same? Or maybe carrying more? :evil:

Registered
well i dont really have a pocket gun to carry in the first place but i'd say no.

i dont even carry a reload most of the time, if the gun jams or something im done for, but i trust it to fire when i need it so im not worried..

been carrying my pt92 so if 18 rounds dont do it them im just SOL.

now if i was carrying a revolver or something i'd probably carry reloads, i can't really imagine running around with a whole extra gun.

Super Moderator
Smoke againt Joe this ought to be interesting LOL

Registered
45 Forever said:
Smoke againt Joe this ought to be interesting LOL
well there wont be any argument from me cause i think carrying a back up is fine.. and i think carrying reloads is also fine, infact i think it's a good idea..

i dont because 1. im lazy, 2. the mag holder i got cuts into my side..

i bought a fobus double mag pouch.. i dont like the design and the sharp edges of the mag's base plate cut into me certain ways i move.

im planing on switching to a milpro when i find a good deal on one.. that'll bump me down to 12 rounds.. and thats when i might start getting squeamish wanting to carry a reload.

carrying a 2nd gun is ok for some, i dont have any pocket pistols to carry even if i wanted to (which i dont) im confident my 92 will go bang every time, infact i'll stake my life on it i can't make a bigger endorsement then that..

course carrying a backup would be good if you was disarmed or maybe ankle carry give you another option.. which aint a bad thing just beyond my desire to do.

the chances of needing your gun is slim, the chances of needing 2 guns is even slimmer.. but i suppose if it ever happens i'll be kicking my self for not carrying a backup.. but thats life, no guarantees and it's all a balancing act.

Super Moderator
Hey Joe they have now started coming out with angled mag holder XD have them and I just seen on in a magazine with a flashlight holder. I agree the straight up and down ones cut into your side I think they got horizontel single mag holders to. :)

Registered
NOW! you tell me, i think i wore this foebus for all of 20 mins lol
it might not be so bad if i could get something to cover them up.. i was thinking a leather one with a strap might be more comfortable.

Registered
Sometimes I do carry my wife's PT 111 in my pocket while out for a walk while I have my PT-145 Mil Pro is in the waist band. I do this just for fun and don't carry both very often but in case we need both guns to fend off large dogs. I can hand her hers and then pull mine if needed. NOTE: She does not have her CCpermit yet, but watch out FIDO when she does :D :D

Registered
I sometimes carry a snubbie as a second gun. For me, its more about ease of access. My primary (XD9 SC) is on the belt but with the snubbie in a pocket it can be in my hand (still in the pocket) before anything starts. Knowing that you already have a gun in your hand as you attempt to get out of the situation is comforting.

Also if weather conditions dictate heavier outer clothing (winter, heavy rain etc) a gun in a coat pocket is much easier to access than the one on your belt under all that.

Steelheart

Super Moderator
Ya Joe they look like gerber tool holder and come in leather or nylon like I said some are even horizontil with a flap so you wouldn't know it wasn't a multitool :)

Administrator
I'm like Steel in that when I can carry, if I ever feel the need for carrying a backup, I"ll probably put a 357 snub in an ankle holster and keep it in my boot. I'd only do that if I was going to the state fair or somewhere I could possibly need something like that.....frankly, if I can't get it done with my PT145 Mil Pro, I'd better pack it in.

Registered
I carry 2 all the time. Glock 22 and Glock 27 at work.
Off-duty I always have my S&W M&P 340CT in a pocket or on my ankle along with the semi-auto flavor of the day usually in a high ride belt holster or IWB.

Lately my favorite flavor has been my Glock 31 in .357 Sig :guns:

Registered
no, not unless i'm going out of town with family. I use revolver most of time and with reloads i feel pretty good about it. If out with wife then I'll carry a larger capacity auto.

Registered
I carry Two Guns 99% of the time. Lately I have been carrying a 357 Snub strong side and a Glock 26 cross draw so it is in reach of both hands. I carry reloads for each gun. I all so carry a Flashlight, Pepper Spray, Lockblade Knife, Cell Phone, and Wallet.

Registered
I've been thinking about picking up a snub to carry when the PT145 isn't practical, and I guess if I had both I'd be inclined to carry both. But for now, that's not in the budget.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts