Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
10,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you carry a backup? For that worst case scenario when your daily workhorse fails. Been thinking about it lately and would like to get some TA input.

· Administrator
42,848 Posts
Never intended to, but a few years ago, I picked up a P3AT. It fits anywhere, and is easily forgotten that it's there. Rides in most any pocket, and often a boot top. It's always with me, even when I have my daily on board. Did I say it's always with me? It's that easy.

· Registered
10,439 Posts
Do any of you carry a backup? For that worst case scenario when your daily workhorse fails. Been thinking about it lately and would like to get some TA input.
On duty, I carry a Ruger SR1911 as my duty weapon, and an S&W Shield .40 as a BUG.

Off duty, I only carry the Shield .40 or a Ruger SR40C, both IWB, depending on how I am dressed.

· Super Moderator
40,796 Posts
I do not, may consider carrying a second on my weak side. If I do, I will want to make sure they both function the same safety wise. Right now I switch between the TCP and the PT-145, I do not care for the safety on the PT-145, however I force my self to use it. I now find my self trying to turn off the nonexistent safety on my TCP.

· Premium Member
16,973 Posts
Nope, I have a very dependable EDC and try to stay out of war zones....

· Registered
20,098 Posts
Much of the time. It's tougher in the summer. I usually have a back up in the car and take it with if I feel the need. Cooler months - piece of cake.

· Registered
7,539 Posts
No. I figure if I go through what's in the gun AND the reload (or 2 if it's a revolver), I don't need another handgun- I need a long gun. Since carrying a handgun is like carrying a spare tire, I don't see the need to carry two spare tires.

Reactions: gbusmech

· Banned
17,345 Posts
Cold weather mostly, kinda hard during the summer to carry two on me. My PT140 is my EDC.

· Registered
10,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I carry a PT145 in a tucked holster as my primary (4 o'clock position) with my S&W BG380 BodyGuard in either in a pocket holster or on my left ankle as a BUG. Here's a picture of my BG380 and my wife's (the pink one is hers)
View attachment 56289
I always enjoy seeing his and hers. Keeps a family together.

· Registered
2,159 Posts
Primary is usually my SA XD SC 9mm, 13 in the clip. Backup is the 16 round clip.......:thumb:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.