Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just bought some awesome looking grips for my 850 38 from the Taurus website. They came quickly and they are beautiful and very comfortable. Can't believe they where only $12.03 for awesome wood grips. Anyway, they came with no screws. I tired the ones from the original grips and they don't fit. I also have some boot grips I bought and that screw does not fit either. Before I call Taurus and bother them for a screw, I wanted to know if they are supposed to come with one? I would think they should. If not I have no idea what size I am supposed to get for them. One of the half grip does have a metal threaded insert. The other has a washer. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strange. I would think they would come with it. I guess I have to take the grip to the hardware store and try and find a screw that fits. Like looking for a needle in a hay stack.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Take the old screw for the thread size and then you're looking for length and head shape is all.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
No, they do not come with a screw. I learned the hard way myself. Grip screws are sold in packs of 3 for $3/pack. Luckily, I was ordering more parts at the time so the shipping was offset.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses. I would understand them not coming with screws if the original screws would fit. But the original screw from the original Taurus grips do not fit the Taurus grips that I bought from Taurus. Just does not make sense to me. Well the search is on for screws that will fit. The screws I have will not even screw into the threaded insert of the new grips. So I have no idea what the thread size is.

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts