Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

This is my first post as you can see so please bare with me. I will have a pt-809 as soon as my permits come through, and since I live in NJ, the two 17 round mags that come with it will be pinned to the 15 round NJ limit by my FFL who is currently holding the firearm. That being said I would like to find two more mags but it seems there are no compliant mags available.

1) Does anyone have an actual source for IN STOCK 809 mags? I will be checking the classifieds on here as well.
2) Are compliant mags even made for the 809?
3) does anyone know of any mag blocking services or companies that sell blocked mags.
...even 10 rounders will do

Any other info is greatly appreciated. Looking forward to being active on the forums and conversing with all. THANKS!:cool:

·
Registered
24,806 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota. Magazines that you seek may be hard to come by.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Hey MestFan! Welcome from South Tulsa. I cannot offer any useful info on the 809 mags.
But, I'm sure that someone will come along with some info for you.
By the way, I'm a Yankee fan! Originally, I am from Brooklyn! ;)

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Good luck even finding mags for the PT809, I have been looking for some and no luck lately.

BTW, I see you are new..welcome! I am so glad as to not be in NJ anymore...grew up there and. The wait wasn't nearly as long when I got my first handgun in NJ back in the early 80s.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you kindly.....

Im seeing what you mean. I am usually a search engine ninja hah but these escape me. Im also having difficulty finding stock 17rd mags to have my FFL pin for 12 bux each

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey MestFan! Welcome from South Tulsa. I cannot offer any useful info on the 809 mags.
But, I'm sure that someone will come along with some info for you.
By the way, I'm a Yankee fan! Originally, I am from Brooklyn! ;)
NICE! i recommend the yankees over the mets to any baseball newcomers all the time haha. I tell them avoid the agony of being a met fan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello from Michigan. I was stationed at McGuire AFB from 1977-1980. Taurus does make 13 round magazine for the 809. It is part number 5-10809C-13. Not really sure of the price but I think it is $35.00 each. Try to get a hold of Taurus on facebook or at www.taurususa.com. They have a number to call to place orders but you will be on hold for about a hour. Good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello from Michigan. I was stationed at McGuire AFB from 1977-1980. Taurus does make 13 round magazine for the 809. It is part number 5-10809C-13. Not really sure of the price but I think it is $35.00 each. Try to get a hold of Taurus on facebook or at www.taurususa.com. They have a number to call to place orders but you will be on hold for about a hour. Good luck!
SniperJoe, Thanks for that valuable info I'll do some more hunting around with that part number and I'll contact taurus if i have an hour haha. Will repost if i find anything, THANKS!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just wanted to update anyone who is looking for PT809 mags. This is where i just bought some... Taurus 9mm 17 RD model 809 5-10809 - Lee's Mags

I spoke to the owner and he said there are over 80 mags left or something like that. I hope others find this useful.

Reactions: Chucky809

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I have nothing useful to say about the 809, but I can welcome you to the club from WV. Glad to see you found some mags.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Taurus does make 13 round magazine for the 809. It is part number 5-10809C-13.
Take note: The 13-round 809 mag of part number 5-10809C-13 is for the 809C, which is the compact version of the 809. It's not going to fit into the full-sized 809, as it won't be long enough, since it's meant to fit into the shorter grip of the 809C.

As far as finding 809 mags legal in your state... good luck! :)

Unless you're really wanting a 9mm, I would suggest you swap for an 840 instead. It's the .40 cal version in the 800-series, and the 809 and 840 appear identical (except for the ammo they shoot). The reason I suggest this one for you is that its full capacity is 15 rounds. If you had the 840, you could buy the full capacity mags for it and not have to neuter them. :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cyrus.
That is a great point thanks! i did find the correct size 17rd mag for the full size 809. Mine is paid for at this.point and sitting at my FFL. I have all my over cap mags shipped to him and he will pin them all permanently to 15 at a very reasonable price. Feels li
ke my permit is taking forever but it is nj.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Welcome from the great nanny state of CA.

I feel your pain as we too have to go through the same process for our magazines. I'm glad you got the magazines you needed.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Welcome from Dallas, TX, and a fellow 809 owner!
Glad you're able to find the neutered mags you need.

Living in Texas, I can't say that I can really understand what you have to go through for a Constitutional right...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We don't understand it either and thanks all for the welcomes. Your really gonna not understand this one...ready..Newly passed 50 cal ban sitting on the govorners desk as we speak......Because we all know criminals can afford 50 cals and they are scary, its rediculous.......we have a whole bunch of BS goin on in NJ haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts