Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently burglarized & the douches stole my wife's Beretta 950BS Jetfire.
Thankfully, they didn't find her four spare magazines, holster, or cleaning brush.

Since she loved that little pocket-rocket so much, with it's tip-up barrel, I was wondering if I couldn't use the magazines when I replace her pride & joy with a Taurus PT-25 I spotted at a decent price online?

·
Super Moderator
40,640 Posts
Sorry wish I could help but I have no idea. Pisses me off when things are lost to theft. Hopefully some day they catch them and return your gun.

Reactions: muddcatt54

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, the way these things usually turn out is that the only way the weapon is recovered is after whoever stole it, or some other thug who bought it from them, puts a round in some poor schlub's noodle.

Or they trade it in at a gun buy-back for a Walmart gift card, at which point the police do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to trace it's original owner & just melt it down to curry favor with the anti-gun crowd.

Had I arrived home two or three minutes earlier (the glass door they broke in through & then exited out of was still swinging shut), packing my PT-145, the outcome would have been completely different.
I would've popped the thief (or thieves) in the liver just to watch them bleed out (slowly, but surely) for a minute or two before The Grim Reaper came a-calling.

I saw hajis back in the sandbox take it there and there's no surviving that particular wound.
You can be hit in an ER with a full surgical staff prepped to go & you're still going to be a statistic. :sgrin: :sgrin: :sgrin:

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Don't let the actions of beyond redemption thugs darken and poison your mind. Buy your wife a nice new pistol- let her pick it out- go to the range together and spend a few quality hours breaking it in. Karma will take care of the thieves without dragging your lives through a legal quagmire.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I'm with GARYH I just can't deal with LIARS OR THIEVES and if you find one usually you'll find the other

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
I don't think they will, IIRC the Beretta mag release id at the rear of the grip. Maybe you could cut a new notch with a dremel if they are the same size.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts