Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard on Gun Talk that there is a kit for do it yourself molded holsters and having cruised the forum and seen all the "hey where can I get a good holster for my PT809" and having a PT 809 my interest was immediately peeked.

I'm working on my HK clone currently so wont buy one just yet but I wanted to pass along the info.

Old Faithful Holsters

·
Registered
518 Posts
Good info Tex.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Great, thanks for the Site info

·
Registered
21,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, even better; use the coupon code "Tom" for an additional 20% off on your order until 1/26/2012

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Just ordered the pre-molded kit for my 24/7.
Signed up on their forum and got 10% off.
More discount when you post pics after it's built.
Said I found out about them from TA.
$36.61 with shipping.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
My holster kit is on the way. I ordered the premolded for the 24/7 full size.
Got the email today saying it has shipped and should be here in 3 or 4 business days.
I'm guessing Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

·
Registered
21,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Am I reading that right, 4 days for you to get a shipping conformation? Maybe it has something to do with the pre-molded part. How do you feel so far about the ordering and shipping process so far?

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
I ordered it on Sunday, Monday was a Holiday, so they were closed.
Tuesday they get the online order, and I would say yes, an extra day or 2 to make the premolded kit.
And they shipped on Thursday.
Either they are overloaded with orders, or it just takes that long.
No big deal, still waiting for my permit.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Great tip, Texheim! Think I'll give them a shot for my 809. I have an OWB DeSantis currently, but am looking for a good IWB Kydex.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
That's pretty neat! I am not to handy with projects like that, but it looks like it's a very possible thing to do....

·
Registered
184 Posts
A friend and I got enough material to make about 12 holsters for about 35 bucks getting just the kydex, leather, and j clips. we put the kydex in the oven at 300 degrees for a few minutes until it gets "moldable" and then use a piece of firm closed cell foam to mold the gun shape to it. a few holes punched and some quick rivets and presto! custom fit IWB! I have one for my beretta cheetah and going to make one for the 24/7 c ds 40 in a few days.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Interesting thanks for the link.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Just heard on Gun Talk that there is a kit for do it yourself molded holsters and having cruised the forum and seen all the "hey where can I get a good holster for my PT809" and having a PT 809 my interest was immediately peeked.

I'm working on my HK clone currently so wont buy one just yet but I wanted to pass along the info.

Old Faithful Holsters
I have made a half dozen of these Old Faithful holsters.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I don't buy the kits, but I do get the 'raw materials' from knifekits.com. I've saved a bunch of money that way, and besides - I get pretty much instant gratification and no need to try to find something that fits my pistols. Kydex is just incredibly easy to work with, and fun on top of it.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
DIY holsters are very addictive.

·
Registered
184 Posts
A buddy and I got some good leather, bought kydex sheets online, got some j clips online, and for around 30 bucks got enough material to make
about 12 IWB holsters. I called it shake and bake. we put the kydex in the oven til it got soft, then put it over the gun and used hard foam rubber to "stamp" the shape of the gun in. drilled some holes and used some quick rivets and presto! IWB holster!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts