Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK….So now I’m lusting after a Judge. I like the blued steel but don’t want anUltra-Lite. Want to shoot the 2 ½ inch .410 shells. Would like a 3inch barrel. Any advantages to a 3 inch over a 2 inch barrel? I have a Model 85 snub nose I use for every day carry and would keep the Judge around the house for dogs and zombies. But I guess I might want to carry it sometimes. Tell me what you think.

Reactions: leejack and Sekol

·
Registered
24,845 Posts
There is only one answer to your question. Go and buy it!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
You won't regret it, I love mine.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Best snake and other pests gun around.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
First ask yourself the question "Do I want a Judge?" Then roll with your answer. Some things need no justification.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you're using it for 410 handgun ammo there is not much difference in 2" and 3" barrel. Go for it!!!!! It will not disappoint you.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Since the gun is so big anyway, I dont think the longer barrel will hinder you much, and you probably wont be CC this gun so I would just go with longer barrel . and the judge is a good gun for pests

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Flip a coin.

Heads - get a Judge.

Tails - get a Judge Poly Defender.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Get one...just get out and get one...

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Yes. You want it.
Get a box of Winchester PDX-1 shells for it, too:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Quit over thinking it and go buy it. And post pics......

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
I will jump in on this one, too. I really would like to get a 45 lc Taurus revolver to round out my collection- I've got a deal on a SA 45 lc Gaucho in the works, but that's a whole horse of a different color. I would LOVE to find a Taurus Tracker model 45 revolver in 6" - but I think the chances of that are slim to next to none. I've seen a couple of 460's on GB, but those are titanium,right? I want steel.

We can't carry in my state so snubbies are of no interest to me, I haven't seen a snake around in years (but that doesn't mean they aren't there- ewwww!!) and I like to target shoot. So - the .410 capability of a Judge is not all that important to me. I would want a 6" barrel, I like to shoot 45 lc, I like a gun with some weight (my 970 Tracker weighs 45 oz, the Judge is much less - even in 6"). I think that the Raging Bull may be over kill- it's really heavy at 73 oz and I wouldn't ever shoot 454 casull (although DH might). There are no ranges around me that have a Judge, or RB for that matter, for rent for me to try. I have asked our dear Miss Kitty what she thinks of her Judge and she said something to the effect that it is her favorite protection piece, but she wouldn't exactly shoot it for fun. Any of you out there have sweeties of the female type that shoot a Judge? What do they think of it?

I think my curiosity about the Judge is just that - curiosity. It IS different!! For me a firearm should be enjoyable to shoot, though. I have 45 lc revolvers from other manufacturers that I love to shoot, but I'd like to have a Taurus in that caliber. I am afraid that the Gaucho may have to suffice ( and I hope that the deal goes thru) until if or when I can find a model 45!:unsure::unsure:

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
The rumor is that Taurus is bringing out a new SA revolver.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
19,306 Posts
Sekol, my wife and daughter both really like to shoot my Judge Mag, both are rather small. They prefer the lighter recoil of the .45s but they giggle like schoolgirls, every time they vaporize something with the 3" 000 Buck.

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
113 Posts
The exact gun you're "thinking about"is the gun I bought as my first gun a month ago, 2 1/2" chamber with a 3" barrel blued, I absolutely love it! It's my first gun, but after shooting my family's 380, 1911 and 38, I'm very happy with my purchase. Those guns were fun, but not as fun as the judge, mainly for the reason of the .410 capabilities. And for home defense, so far I like the PDX1's, I feel confident that 15 discs and about 30 pellets on target from 23' away will stop someone. Plus it was just as accurate as the guns I shot above, if not more because of the weight, mine's not a poly.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
The same gun you are talking about is the same gun that got my Taurus obsession going. It was also my first purchase. For CC, it is a bit large but for open carry/pest use, nothing better. It is fairly accurate for a 3" barrel, but I have never shot the 2" version. Buy one, you will love it

·
Registered
96 Posts
Get it!!!! 3" SS Judge with 3" barrel shooting 3" (4) 000 buck at 30'......... Watch the shot blow the target!!!!!!! Amazing house protection and very lethal. Patterns about 12" to 15" at that distance.

.................twin

·
Registered
545 Posts
My Public Defender is my favorite revolver. It was my carry gun until I started pocket carrying during shorts weather, but to this day it still stays in my car and goes with me everywhere I go.
Everyone I know has taken a turn with it at the range, and aside from my 61 year old mother-in-law, who weighs 90 pounds with a brick in her pocket and didn't like the extra recoil, everyone has absolutely loved it.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I like to target shoot. I would want a 6" barrel, I like to shoot 45 lc, I like a gun with some weight (my 970 Tracker weighs 45 oz, the Judge is much less - even in 6"). I think that the Raging Bull may be over kill- it's really heavy at 73 oz and I wouldn't ever shoot 454 casull (although DH might).
Sounds like you might be well suited by a Raging Judge UltraLite maybe? They weigh about 45 ounces or so, and shoot seven rounds. Can't handle the 454 Casull round, but it's about two pounds lighter than the full-bore Raging Judge Magnum. It's still huge in size, should be blisteringly accurate, and a reasonable heavy weight, with extremely light recoil on 45 Colt rounds because of its still-substantial weight.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts