Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the lastest CDNN sale they have listed a Matt Finish Taurus .327 Magnum with a 3" Ported barrel for $249.99. Kind of a catch is, it comes with pink grips..not a big deal. I kind of like the pink or for under $15 they can be changed out to black.

I do already have the dual tone with a 2" barrel 327 Mag, but the 3" ported barrel should add a little more end of the barrel punch over the 2". Work with me here, I am just trying to justify the purchase. So lets see, it would be $249.99 for the gun, plus $22.50 shipping, plus $20 transfer fee. Oh yeah, Texas sales tax added would be another $20 or so. So a total price of $313 give or take a little.

Come on and throw in your two cents, yes..no..or spend it on cheap wine, women and booze. Forget the wine, women and booze..not really into wine since my much younger years. My choice of liquior is not on the cheap side. And I have one great wife who supports all my dumb ideas.....she also seems to be in favor of raising my life insurance for some reason.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Hey, from one Taurus fan who has already plunked down good money on another Taurus this year, I say "go for it, brother"! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Duh, the answer is Yes! With this crowd, what did you expect? Oh, and get a bottle of the good stuff to celebrate.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Hey I recall over a year ago that Academy had judge pd on sale but people were not buying because the advertisement and display models had pink grips.. I bought it and found the black grips in the box. Under the divider. They guys at academy didn't even know the black grips were in the box. Now I don't know about this gun but if you want it and feel good about the price go for ,it and you can always change them or. Wrap the pink stocks with a bicycle inner tube.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Grips are cheap ... buy the gun. You know you want to ....

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Since you already have a .327, I assume that you are well aware of the ammo price and availability issues. With that in mind, go for it!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
If olfarhors will come on and jump in with both feet, I know he can convince jonrjen that he can't live without that .327 mag revolver!:wub:

Reactions: whodog

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
A Taurus on the cheap is never a bad thing and you can always have more than one gun. Now, cheap women and booze are a different thing altogether. You know its a good deal. And do you think the bad guy is gonna laugh at the pink grips???

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A good nights sleep, all this support, so now all I need is to make the call and place the order. Few more cups of coffee and let the sun come up and it will be a done deal. I knew I could count on ya'll to help justify this purchase.

And the .327 magnum is such a fun pistol to fire!!!!!

The ammo is not easy to purchase local, with the exception of the higher dollar personal protection rounds. The plain old everyday target practice rounds I pick up from SGA.com for around $24 for a box of 50. As with most ammo purchase on line shipping can be a tough pill to swallow...UNLESS you order enough to cost average the shipping price down.....IE: it is just as cheap to ship an order $300 dollars worth of ammo, as it is expensive to ship a $75 order of ammo. And as we all know, you can never have enough ammo on hand.

Thanks guys, when it shows up I will post a photo or two.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Go for it, if for some reason you don't like it you can always tell your wife you bought it for her and just wanted to "test it out" first.

-Jay

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Wouldn't it be humiliating for a bad guy to get shot with a girly gun?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts