Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't know if i have a problem or not. i carry a g2c and today i found a good deal on a new one and bought it, so now i have 2. i took it apart to clean it and pulling the trigger with the slide off when i get the trigger all the way back, in the back of the frame is a little piece that pivots up a little and down as i move the trigger back and forth. now on my carry gun it pivots as i pull the trigger but my new gun it doesn't move. the part that comes back that releases the firing pin comes back on both good but at the end of the pull there is a small piece at the back that pivots just slightly on my carry gun but it doesn't on my new gun. i used a tooth pick and it is springy as i can push it down and it comes back up. anyone else have this problem? thanks

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
i don't know if i have a problem or not. i carry a g2c and today i found a good deal on a new one and bought it, so now i have 2. i took it apart to clean it and pulling the trigger with the slide off when i get the trigger all the way back, in the back of the frame is a little piece that pivots up a little and down as i move the trigger back and forth. now on my carry gun it pivots as i pull the trigger but my new gun it doesn't move. the part that comes back that releases the firing pin comes back on both good but at the end of the pull there is a small piece at the back that pivots just slightly on my carry gun but it doesn't on my new gun. i used a tooth pick and it is springy as i can push it down and it comes back up. anyone else have this problem? thanks
Ah, what?

Only thing I can say without technical drawings or pictures is, how is the trigger pull with the slide on?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here is a pic of the piece i am talking about, it moves a little on my carry gun when the trigger is pulled but not on the new gun i just got. it will only move on my new gun if i push on it with my finger.

·
22,520 Posts
Have you shot it? If not, I'd shoot it a couple hundred times and then see.

·
Vendor
146 Posts
That is the Single Action Only sear. It should normally sit upward to catch the striker tab when the slide cycles and then drop down when you pull the trigger back to release the striker.

If it stayed up all the time and never dropped down, it would grab the striker tab, but would never release it, so your gun wouldn't fire. If it stays low all the time it would never grab the striker at all, so the striker would always go past it and land on the Double Action Only sear, so your gun would only function in Double Action mode.

So if the gun fires at all the SAO sear has to either be working correctly, or stuck down.

Next you need to figure out if the gun is always working in DA mode, or if it is normally working in SA mode as it should, and is only going to DA mode when the slide fails to cycle after pulling the trigger, as if you have a round fail to fire, or were dry firing the gun.

When you empty the gun, work the slide, then pull the trigger back, is it free play all the way back to the break or is it very springy like you are compressing the striker spring? If you dry fire the gun, then pull the trigger again, does the trigger travel before the break feel different? Or the same?

If your trigger travel always has the same very springy feeling whether you work the slide or not while dry firing the gun, chances are you are stuck in DA mode and that SA sear isn't working right.

If you are dry firing the gun and the trigger travel feels very lightweight when you work the slide, but has a heavier springy feeling when you don't work the slide between dry fires, the SA sear is working correctly.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everyone for your help, I put 100 rounds thru it today and it worked great. single action first shot and no malfuntions. I also noticed when cleaning that the sear now has very slight movement with the trigger pull, i guess it was new and stiff and just needed loosened up. the gun was flawless just like my carry gun g2c is. the only thing different is the finish, my cary g2c that i got in december 2018 has a flat black smooth finish, the new g2c has a flat black rough finish almost like parkerizing but i can live with that. thanks to everyone again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts