Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've all heard from our divorced buds about how happy they are now that they've gotten rid of the old battle-ax.

Well, now they've studied it.
58% of men say they are happier after their divorce.
vs.
85% of women.

Makes you think!
(Honey, could you bring me something to eat?)

·
Registered
13,933 Posts
I think todays divorce rates are directly tied to societies mentality of I want it and I want it now "ME" mentality. Keep in mind this is also the same group of if it gets old, out dated or a new model is available I can dispose of the old and get the newer model with little or now cost involved.
Of course this is not only with marriage. In the past one a sports player signed with a organization they were with that team until retirement or injury put them out of the sport.
Used to be that you took your first real job, which most of society stayed with until retirement.

Now as to why women are happier after a divorce, well that shouldn't be hard to figure out. Too many men forget that their wife is just that "a woman". Women are damn difficult to understand, but if you stop trying, go with the flow, treat her better than you expect to be treated it is all worth the give an take of the marriage.

I guess the next survey that we need figures on is what the numbers show in same sex marriages.

But, then I'm not going to worry about that. My hands are already full with this mean, loving, evil, understanding, non-predictive, precious, debate monger, endearing, mindset, flexible, hard, soft, foe, friend, Wife of going on 40 years of wedded bliss.

I guess in the end it is like everything else, a continuing work in progress. But without the effort to keep it going...........well, it won't.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Jon I believe you figured it out as well as many of us happy married people.. If it works then leave it alone. If it is broke then fix the problem... A happy wife makes for a happy life..:D

·
Super Moderator
17,703 Posts
I guess the next survey that we need figures on is what the numbers show in same sex marriages...
...talk about drama queens...

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I don't believe 85% of women are happier divorced. More than likely those are women who have either been abused and/ or still have kids at home.

As far as men go, these days you don't have to buy the cow because free milk is EVERYWHERE. I joke with my co-workers on if I was divorced I would be a sugar daddy. It's like a prepaid cellphone plan. Pay for what you use and I can pay more for extra services. Talk about rollover minutes, lol!!!

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Was married twice. Both times divorce was my fault. Women want a husband, not a guy that comes through to swap clothes and see if the house is still there occasionally. Was married to last one over 20 years. Was separated over 15 of that. May have got together to take care of business stuff and work out divorce 6/8 times over that 15 years. First marriage was 10 years, she wanted kids. I couldn't have kids so I did the next best thing and gave her a divorce. I have several really good female friends. Finally learned that women make better friends if you don't get horizontal with them. Also make it clear that you have been burned to the point there is nothing left to light. Very thankful to have never had kids, seriously regretted having ever been married. Marriage needs to be between a man and woman that have agreed on what they want in life. My personal belief is that our Creator should be a huge part of it. That kids are something almost all marriages need because they make a marriage into a family. They add to the bond between the man and woman. Women need to understand a man probably will not change much. Men need to understand that a woman will. Live with it.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Divorce lawyers and tornadoes are related. The big ones get the house and everything you own and can borrow. A southern comic said " if I every feel the need to marry again, I'll find a woman I don't like and buy her a house".
You know why divorce is so expensive? Because it's worth it.

(not my line, but one of my favorites)

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
My view is men must learn to choose a helpmate/teammate and not a playmate. The selection criteria is different for both. Choosing wrongly can tun you into cell mates and that's just not fun. I once asked a female friend of mine who really wanted to get married "why do men get married?" She couldn't answer. I told her until you figure that out, marriage it's not for you because right now it's all about you.

·
Registered
29,895 Posts
:sarcasm: A 90 year old couple are standing before a Divorce Judge. He says, "Ya'll have been married 70 years, why did you wait so long to get a divorce? They answered, "We didn't want to embarrass our children so we waited till they all died. :icon_ devil:

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
...Well, now they've studied it.
58% of men say they are happier after their divorce.
vs.
85% of women....

The simplest and most basic explanation of the is that the men are forced by the court into paying $$$ beyond what they would be if the marriage wasn't dissolved. Not all men, probably about 42% of men, continue being a Dad AND provider for a SECOND household. That can be a bit destructive to one's happiness. ;)

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Women also need to learn husbands are not their children. Men don't need approval from "Mommy" to do everything
And the old line of "if Mama ain't happy nobody's happy" is pure bovine excrement.
Daddy has to be happy, too. If he keeps doing things that he feels aren't right just to keep the wife from nagging, then that marriage is doomed from the start.
Marriage is a partnership. It's a job, and it's damn hard work. But if done right it will work.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Divorce?

I just wanna find a girl :/ It's Hipster Trendy Goth-2004-Time-Warp central in my town... and it's either that or gangbanger tomboy tough girl chicks that look like they took testosterone boosters *cringe*

My only hope, the trip to Pittsburgh when SHTF hits to get my sister and her friends back down to Florida, and in that... maybe.. just maybe! .. I can save Kate Upton.. maybe..

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Well, I don't know if I qualify to give marriage advise or not? This coming June will be 49 years with the same gal, and I don't think either of us intend to make a change. ......I get along ok now, I just gave her the damn check book and don't ask questions or make demands and as a result,......she leaves me the hell alone! I have a credit card and use it when I want something bad enough and that's not too often. .....I don't know if she is happy or not, but she don't complain much, so I don't have to tell her to SHUT THE HELL UP! ......But, next year, if I live till then, will be our 50 year Anniversary; I guess I will have to do something special; thinking about a box of those blue pills and an ocean cruise.:D:D:D I don't know, if that 4 hour thing happens, I will probably not make it back home! .......Well, the key to all this marriage stuff is, the two of you have to figure out what each of you can do to ensure the continuation of the contract of marriage. GOOD LUCK TO ONE AND ALL!

Reactions: gpoteat and YOT
1 - 20 of 26 Posts