Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Think a minute - or read the full post - and you'll know what kind of disturber I mean.

Today, due to a conflict in schedules, I got drafted to go and stay with my grandson, Matt, until his dad got home from work.
We had a good time, ate lunch at McDonald's and then (insert evil grin here) I asked if he wanted to go with me to the gun store.
"Sure."
I only had to pick up a couple of bore brushes and could easily have done that tomorrow when I pick up my PT745, but this opportunity to warp a young mind was rare.
Now, Matt is only nine years old (ten in July) but he's already a fair shooter: has his own single-shot .22 rifle and a .410 shotgun which - with it's Tapco stock - looks like one of those evil black thingies.
So as we're talking to the clerk, I told Matt to look at something I'd seen on the rifle shelf a few days ago.
When the clerk took it down and handed it to him, I swear Matt's expression raised the light wattage in the whole store.
He immediately shouldered it and checked the sights and it seems the rifle is a perfect fit for him.
And he thought the weight was fine.
"Now you know what to tell your dad you want for your birthday," I said. he he.
"Yeah!"
And at dinner tonight, he did just that.
And this is the item in question - though the one he saw did not have a red dot scope...has an AR-15 type handle instead.

And, though my son tried several times to kick the ball into my court, I'd already conditioned Matt to bug his dad about it. he he. And, of course, Matt saw the resemblance to the Armalite AR-15 his dad bought last month...
It's the Mossberg 715T .22LR and the six-position stock when fully collapsed seems to fit Matt just fine - and, of course, I was quick to point out to his dad how the gun can grow as Matt grows.
OK, I'm a sh-t-disturber. I admit it.
But, darn it, that's what grandpas do!

·
Super Moderator
36,423 Posts
Uh Oh...Grandpa might have to kick in on the B-Day present...maybe a red dot would be a thoughtful present? ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
corbin.jpg
This is a picture of my 10 year old grandson shooting his uncle's AR last fall. He also happened to see one of the Mossberg .22's and would you care to guess what he wanted for Christmas?! He really wanted an AR, but his daddy bought him the .22 and he loves it. He shoots it as often as he can. I'll bet your grandson will have just as much fun with his. Way to go Grandpa (A.K.A Disturber!).

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Uh Oh...Grandpa might have to kick in on the B-Day present...maybe a red dot would be a thoughtful present? ;)
That's right, Frank!

He shouldn't just get off "scot-free". After all, he's the one that planted the seed in his grandson's mind. ;)

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
You are a wonderfully evil grandpa.
Good job.

Reactions: Lance0812

·
Registered
597 Posts
What a good seed to plant as well. And the Mossbergs wont break the bank. Very accurate as well. I hope he gets it. If he does you had better throw down on a nice red dotand maybe a foregrip. Way to go keeping this younger generation involved.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Excellent(but evil) LOL!!! Great experience with your grandson. I have grand daughters but they too will be the victims of some evil chicanery!! LOL

BW

PS: You owe him the red dot!!

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Think a minute - or read the full post - and you'll know what kind of disturber I mean.... But, darn it, that's what grandpas do!
You, sir, are the pure, distilled essence of what a grampa is supposed to do/be. :thumb::D

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I am hearing good things about that Mossy -- I hope he gets it! Great to see a young one so interested in the shooting sports. I hope my son is like that when he is old enough. Sounds to me like your grandson might be well on his way to being a military or LE sniper! Don't tell his mom though -- if she's anything like my wife, she would flip! :D

·
Registered
518 Posts
Maybe I'll be a grampa before I'm too old to enjoy it, lol! Great job with the grandson!

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
I'll bet that you can find a corner in your closet to secretly store it for the next seven months. In the meantime, let his memory of it fade. What a wonderful gift from grandpa (with permission, of course).

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
But did he check to see if it was loaded or not? :icon_ poke:

For a second there I thought you were going to tell us his parents were anti gun people.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
How utterly shameful to warp such a young and impressionable mind in that ruthless manner. My granddaughter will NEVER be exposed to such potential for violence and destruction.

(think they'll do one in pink?)...................purple?.................matching holo?...

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Heres something for ya me and my parents often split the cost of higher priced birthday presents if we agree the gift is fine so even if pop-pop as my kids call him adds the red dot scope the total cost is split...50/50

·
Registered
199 Posts
im hopefully at least 30 years away from being a grandparent(im only 22 and dont plan on a kid of my own any time soon), but in a month or so ill be an uncle.

i look forward to warping my nephew's (and my brother in law's for that matter) mind into being as gun loving as i am. :D
although my sister is anti-gun(ish) my BIL likes firearms but doesnt shoot... yet. :guns:

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Well I'm not a Grandfather just yet. But I've already decided I want to be called "Grand Dude"

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
im hopefully at least 30 years away from being a grandparent(im only 22 and dont plan on a kid of my own any time soon), but in a month or so ill be an uncle.

i look forward to warping my nephew's (and my brother in law's for that matter) mind into being as gun loving as i am. :D
although my sister is anti-gun(ish) my BIL likes firearms but doesnt shoot... yet. :guns:
Looks like you've got some fun work ahead of you.
ONWARD!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts