Taurus Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'll take it......my wife has a collection of 20 ga shotguns......contact me for my FFL address and can transfer it in her name.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have an old, single shot, twenty gauge shotgun a friend gave me back in 1975. It wasn't in good shape then and it hasn't gotten better with time. Front forearm doesn't stay on, rusted lightly, has a BB soldered on the front of the barrel for a sight.

This thing has zero value.

How do I get rid of this thing?
Gun show?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Gun show?
Got rid of my fathers/grandpa's old 12 gage that used to have the name Nitro Marvel on the side years ago. Had a broken front hinge area where the ejector was supposed to be activated when opened. Who knows how long the shell ejector was rusted closed. There was wire around the broken stock and the barrel had to be lifted to align the firing pin to the primer because the hinge was so loose. Brother said he saw dad disappear in a cloud of red dust and blown backward when he left it leaning against a tree after a rain and fired it at all the cats around the milk barn. Story and history worth more than the gun. Sold it and a single shot 22 missing half of the stock for $20 in a garage sale. Sometimes you don't have to declare what is wrong when it is so bad..

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
This is my "Last" show and tell. But, Really My very first.
I got this Winchester 67a along with a 410 single shot back around 1990 or so for $35. From a co-worker. Remember, $35 back then was more than $35 today. I gave the 410 to my grandson some years back.. His first gun. But, later when I found out he sold it to his dad I tried to buy it back. No he said. "I want to keep it because it belonged to pawpaw. " Bull. He owns a few guns View attachment 484605
, But he would rather watch them rot and rust into thin air than spend five minutes cleaning and oiling. Enough said about him.
Anyway. This was my first gun project. Today I'm thinking of refinishing the stock again. I think I can do a better job than I did the first.
Thanks for the show and tell! Quite interesting!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an old, single shot, twenty gauge shotgun a friend gave me back in 1975. It wasn't in good shape then and it hasn't gotten better with time. Front forearm doesn't stay on, rusted lightly, has a BB soldered on the front of the barrel for a sight.

I'm interested if you can ship it to me

·
Registered
748 Posts
One man's trash is another man's treasure. Somebody out there would love the chance to bring new life to that old treasure.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
After all these stories I'm now considering keeping it and doing a refurb.

Been interesting reading everyone's ideas and stories. Thanks for sharing!

·
Super Moderator
39,273 Posts
I hate hearing stories of Widows turning in rare valuable firearms and getting literally pennies on the dollar compared to their actual value.
That's right up there with HVAC guys telling an elderly homeowner that their furnace which need a 100.00 control is "dangerous" and needs to be replaced with a, $8,000 unit. Special place in hell for those bandits.

Reactions: jspdrcrmach5

·
Super Moderator
39,273 Posts
After all these stories I'm now considering keeping it and doing a refurb.

Been interesting reading everyone's ideas and stories. Thanks for sharing!
I would! You'll learn somethings in the process. Remember also that if you decide to sell it after you refinish it that it can ship through the USPS for about 2-25 bucks from you directly to an FFL. Long guns OK for USPS, handguns no go unless the shipper is an FFL.

Reactions: Biomass

·
Registered
108 Posts
If you still want to " get rid of it".
Like I said. Just tell me what you want for it. Maybe we can work a deal. I think I'm within driving distance from you. Mid N C. No ffl or shipping to deal with. Let me know.

·
Super Moderator
39,273 Posts
If you still want to " get rid of it".
Like I said. Just tell me what you want for it. Maybe we can work a deal. I think I'm within driving distance from you. Mid N C. No ffl or shipping to deal with. Let me know.
There is a section devoted to this and if the OP wishes to sell it, I'm sure that he will post it up.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Give it away. I never turn such down as they offer me a no risk opportunity to hone my gunsmithing skills.

·
Super Moderator
39,273 Posts
I think this one has run it's course. OP keep us updated on the renovation ! Closed

Reactions: TrucksNCoffee
41 - 57 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.