Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Early this morning at work I was talking to one of Hattiesburg's finest, a Strike Team officer ( their job is to respond to violent crimes ) who was complaining about the police bashing going on. The officer is a black guy in his late thirties and from looking at him you don't want to be on his bad side. When we discussed the Ferguson shooting he told me that he would have responded the same as officer Wilson regardless of the color of the attackers skin. He said that if you violently invade his space and try to take his weapon it's not going to end well for you. He has always been proud to be a policeman and nothing is going to change that. He just doesn't understand why the gov't isn't standing up for law enforcement. I told him that the vast majority of Americans support the police and that the bad press will pass. Then I thanked him for what he does for the community and he left. Guys like him need to be thanked.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
2cents.gif I agree smiley thumb.gif

Reactions: rodfair

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
I do when I can, I don't see to many up close and personal. I guess we all need to do more of this.:thumb::thumb:

Reactions: darbo and rodfair

·
Super Moderator
26,870 Posts
Every so often, I will go to Publix and buy a cake, have it iced "Thank you" and just drop it off at the local Sheriff's sub station. Some of the looks you get are absolutely priceless!
Don't do donuts.....they think it's a slur!

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Every so often, I will go to Publix and buy a cake, have it iced "Thank you" and just drop it off at the local Sheriff's sub station. Some of the looks you get are absolutely priceless!
Don't do donuts.....they think it's a slur!
Especially powdered donuts. It looks suspicious if they get it on their nose hole.:unsure:

·
21,974 Posts
It's a rough time to be a good policeman, that's for sure.

Reactions: rodfair

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Disillusioned - disappointed in someone or something that one discovers to be less good than one had believed.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I swear, but I'm having a difficult time understanding why the LEO is disillusioned.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Disillusioned - disappointed in someone or something that one discovers to be less good than one had believed.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I swear, but I'm having a difficult time understanding why the LEO is disillusioned.

Makes perfect sense to me:

Merriam‑Webster

having lost faith or trust in something : disappointed that something is not as good, valuable, true, etc., as it had seemed.

Lost faith in the system that you swore an oath to. Sad when the AG decides you are at fault because he doesn't like the people who being arrested .

Instead of holding those who break the law responsible for breaking the law, they decide to blame and investigate those who's jobs are to arrest those who break the law.

That is a great example of disillusionment to me.

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
Early this morning at work I was talking to one of Hattiesburg's finest, a Strike Team officer ( their job is to respond to violent crimes ) who was complaining about the police bashing going on. The officer is a black guy in his late thirties and from looking at him you don't want to be on his bad side. When we discussed the Ferguson shooting he told me that he would have responded the same as officer Wilson regardless of the color of the attackers skin. He said that if you violently invade his space and try to take his weapon it's not going to end well for you. He has always been proud to be a policeman and nothing is going to change that. He just doesn't understand why the gov't isn't standing up for law enforcement. I told him that the vast majority of Americans support the police and that the bad press will pass. Then I thanked him for what he does for the community and he left. Guys like him need to be thanked.

FULL AUTO THUMBS UP!

·
Registered
24,506 Posts
Message approved.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
An off duty officer grabbed a carton of tea for me last night at the pizza shop, he does a security detail there on weekends because they stay open until 3 am. Oddly enough it's the same officer who gave me a slight hassle a few years back when I had my handgun open at the gas station. I don't think he remembers me though.

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
Being a police officer is a thankless job for the most part..I thank them every chance I get..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts