I thought only Tauri sucked.....

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
Spit happens..:)

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Allow me a moment to make sure I understand the OP.

Someone we don't know... From another forum... Once bought a firearm that didn't live up to his expectations...

Got it!

So glad we stopped the TaurusArmed presses for this important bulletin.

Carry on.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
I am a big fan of Ruger firearms, but I once had a P95 that sucked so bad I sold it immediately. Hitting a paper plate at 7 yards was always in doubt with that pistol, I tried about every kind of commercial ammo before giving up on it. Everybody turns out a lemon once in awhile.

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
I believe that the post was meant as proof that other, purportedly "better" manufacturers also have "issue"-prone guns.

We hear about them, this just adds an eye-catching augmentation.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
:jiml::jiml::jiml::jiml: Killing a lot of horses here.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just found it interesting.... :( I will go back to my room now and ponder....

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I heard, a few weeks ago, that even the Holy Glock Gen 4 captive recoil spring was a total disaster when it first came out. Glock had to jump through their butts to fix the issue, which they did.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I think I'm missing the point of this thread. Are we supposed to bash other manufacturers?

Reactions: Lance0812

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I had a colt mark iv series 80 government model. The firing pin broke from dry firing, and it took a gunsmith to get it out. I've had my share of 1911's, and broke two firing pins. One in the colt. The other was in a Star PD. Not drawing any conclusions - just sayin'.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My point was....no gun is infailable.

·
Super Moderator
19,625 Posts
I think I'm missing the point of this thread. Are we supposed to bash other manufacturers?
Thats a negative there Laker. And, I think the OP was just posting that every brand produces lemons every now and then. Every vendor has put out a design that didn't do well in the market due to design flaws - ie., not just that one pistol being the problem - and they hopefully recall and/or fix them with subsequent designs.

Reactions: Bender

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
i think the point was it was nice to see that others are bashed besides taurus i do see people bashing the other big guns as well and the more of a product out ther the more likely some one is going to be unhappy

jhp

Reactions: Bender

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
How many of Us have never owned a Lemon of a Firearm?
Not I.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am not bashing anything. I own lots of different brands. I am a member of the colt forum as well and they have lots of troubles with 1911's not excessive but more than some would lead on. Not to get any nickers in a bunch. I just thought it was relavent becuase taurus owners get hammered with relentless abuse. But that's ok.....it is our secret of how good they are.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I know a lot of people that had problems with colts but you just don't hear about it because of fan boys.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I'll tell you something else I've noticed - If you go to a kel tec site, they complain about kel tec bashing. Go to a ruger site, they'll complain about ruger bashing. Heck, if you go to a glock site, they complain about glock bashing. I'm not sure if the gun community is a bunch of bashers or a bunch of whiners. :D

·
Super Moderator
26,854 Posts
NO! If you wish to bash Taurus, or ANY other manufacturer...GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!
If you have a problem that we can help you with...we will. This is a no gun bashing forum!
Read the guidelines!

Reactions: Lance0812

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
NO! If you wish to bash Taurus, or ANY other manufacturer...GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!
If you have a problem that we can help you with...we will. This is a no gun bashing forum!
Read the guidelines!
That was MY point. Why bring up someone on another forum complaining about another brand. It makes no sense to me. We are the most civilized forum on the net. As soon as the subject was brought up members started to tell of negative experiences with other firearms. Rod, I've been here as long as you have. Are you asking me to leave?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts