Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like Taurus is cutting down on the models of Gaucho revolvers. They use to have 4 pages of models, now only two. Previously there were four finishes in three barrel lengths, 12 models in each caliber, now not all finishes in all barrel lengths are shown. Does anyone know what happened ? Is this reduction of models to be permanent ?

·
Registered
539 Posts
With Taurus it is hard to say; I have noticed that models come and go pretty quick; it's safe to say pick up what you want asap!

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
You think you saw it getting smaller list. Last nite when I checked the Taurus site, there was nothing listed in the Gaucho area at all!!

I was considering one of those for my 3rd gun from Taurus. Guess I will be out of luck, except for what is already out there.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I was able to find some. Use the Gun Selector and look up 45 Long Colt. But I was unable to find any other caliber Gauchos. I think that someone screwed up on the website as they generally don't remove all traces of the discontinued guns. For example, Taurus still lists the 44 special, 45 Colt (DA 5shots) 45acp revolvers etc.

Or Taurus could be freeing up production capacity for new products to be released at the Shot Show....

Steelheart

·
Registered
275 Posts
Taurus is making us all very unhappy when they start dropping different model revolvers from their line.

The Gaucho hasn't been around all that long...has it???

I'm still peod about the model of Trackers they've discontinued.

And incensed about the model 441 in .44 special being dropped...that gun is one fine revolver.

Jim

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I have a feeling that it is the Web site people that are messing it up more than anything else. If I do a search for 38/357, magically the whole list of Gaucho's in that caliber show up again. Someone needs to get them to change on the site what is available, or on the buy now listing. The 38/357 shows as being available, but without a buy now listing. I have noticed that at least one site that sells on the net, still lists them, but 0 available.

·
Registered
91 Posts
heard rumor elsewhere that Taurus is supposedly redesigning the gaucho to do away with the light primer strikes and other issues claimed to affect it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The Ruger New Vaquero probably has dominated the CAS shooting market and it's probably just not cost effective for Taurus to continue to produce the Gauchos given all the problems that they had with them at the beginning.

I too am annoyed that Taurus dropped the Tracker in .45 Colt, as I really wanted to buy a new one at regular prices (not used ones at inflated Gunbroker prices).

·
Registered
202 Posts
I bought a 357 gaucho a month ago and just shot it yesterday. shoots nice with a 357 bullet in. I think the weight of the gun is enough to conteract the recoil. Was fun to shoot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts