Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen yesterday in a pawn shop. SS 41 Magnum, 6", 6 shot, ported, cylinder locks front and rear, red insert black synthetic grips, looks like an early Raging Bull 454 I had years ago. I have never seen one of these before in 41. What model was it and when was it built and marketed? Did it have a name; like Raging 41, or some such? All the others seemed to be named.
The gun was very clean and looked to have been used very little. Was priced at 600$, pawn shop price.

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
Seen yesterday in a pawn shop. SS 41 Magnum, 6", 6 shot, ported, cylinder locks front and rear, red insert black synthetic grips, looks like an early Raging Bull 454 I had years ago. I have never seen one of these before in 41. What model was it and when was it built and marketed? Did it have a name; like Raging 41, or some such? All the others seemed to be named.
The gun was very clean and looked to have been used very little. Was priced at 600$, pawn shop price.
Yes it is a Raging 41 aka 416. It is worth every cent of the $600 asking price!

Reactions: Ranch Dog

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When was it introduced and discontinued?
I may have to go back up and look at it and see how much wiggle room they have in the asking price.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I think the first production run of the M416 was back around '03. I want to say a second run was done sometime around '07. Those first two runs were only available in the 6.5 inch version. Seems like a small/short run of the 8 3/8 inch model was done around 2010. Wish they'd have made a run in blued/black. Only matte stainless versions available to the best of my knowledge.

I think I paid $700 for mine (used but excellent condition) back in '06. I feared that was the end of the line for them but seems like 6 months later the 6.5 inchers started showing up NIB for around $650... go figure.

Coop

·
Registered
14 Posts
The model 416 is still listed in the 2013 Gun Digest. However I do not see it in the Tarus catalog. I have a 4in ported Tracker 5 shot I picked up last year. I read somewhere that it was discontinued in 2007. This gun shoots pretty good and I think it makes a good woods carry gun due to the size and weight. I shoot a fairly mild reload in it so recoil is not too bad. Reloading is the only way I can afford to shoot 41's. I paid 300 for the tracker and felt it a little high but a friend was needing money when I bought it.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also have a Tracker 41, great medium frame gun. Cylinder is shorter than my Smiff 57 and my Ruger BH so I can't use the same long SWC cast bullets that fit the latter two unless I seat them deep and that is self defeating. I have a number of different molds and two of them work in the Tracker. I still haven't decided to drive north and dicker on that big 416 in the pawn shop. I should, simply because I prefer to buy used guns over new ones.

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
I also have a Tracker 41, great medium frame gun. Cylinder is shorter than my Smiff 57 and my Ruger BH so I can't use the same long SWC cast bullets that fit the latter two unless I seat them deep and that is self defeating. I have a number of different molds and two of them work in the Tracker. I still haven't decided to drive north and dicker on that big 416 in the pawn shop. I should, simply because I prefer to buy used guns over new ones.
Even though the gun is used you still get the lifetime warranty. Colt®, Charter®, Ruger®, Smith & Wesson® give squat for a used gun!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts