Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to remove the trigger mechanism from my PT 24/7 standard. If I punch out the 2 pins just above the trigger guard, will that not release the entire trigger mechanism including the safety and slide lock latches??? :confused:
I am going to Duracoat the frame and I want it to be a proffessional job.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't own a 24/7, but it looks very similar to my PT145 Pro and there is a good dis-assembly video on youtube at
Hope it gives you what you need.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks AZ that is the only video I have seen that shows me exactly what I needed to know. THe 2 pins is all I need to punch out, which is what I thought but, I wanted to be sure. That will get everything out of the way so I can do a pro job with the Duracoat. Thanks a lot man. . Now if I can figure out how to get the clip release button out. Which once I start I'm sure I can figure it out, I hope. I just don't want to break, bend or even scratch anything. Have a great day.:guns:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Yes, the two pins will do it. The mag release is trickier and I haven't done that.
Those Youtube videos are a godsend to us amateurs

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
There is also a sticky on this in either the 24/7 or MilPro section that gives a step by step detail lower strip procedure. Be really careful of that pesky little ball bearing under the safety lever. It likes to get away from you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also have another question not in reference to disassembly. IIs it possible to change the 4.2 inch barrel and slide with a 5.25 inch barrel and slide?? If it is where would I start looking for the barrel and slide??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is also a sticky on this in either the 24/7 or MilPro section that gives a step by step detail lower strip procedure. Be really careful of that pesky little ball bearing under the safety lever. It likes to get away from you.

Where can I find that link to show me that

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Taurus 24/7

Yes, the two pins will do it. The mag release is trickier and I haven't done that.
Those Youtube videos are a godsend to us amateurs
I take it you don't know how to remove the Magaqzine release button. You seemed to be one of the brightest users on here I figured sure you would know how to remove that piece. Thanks any way. Sincerely; Roy Lane (rylayne49)[/QUOTE]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts