Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
New to the forum. I have had a PT111 for some time and liked it so well I just got the PT 145 both SS.

The 145 has a different mag bottom plate release. Not like the center pin you just push in. It says to put a punch in the side hole. I tried several small screw drivers but can't seem to get it off.

What's the trick? :)

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
On my PT145 mags I found that you have to push the steel floor plate up while sliding the plastic base forward. The best tool i have for this is a cheapie multitool. The flat bladed "screwdriver" on it is basically a thin piece of steel.

Once the plastic is off, you can push the steel floor plate in and let it rotate a bit and it'll come loose.

Now use your remaining uninjured eye to go get the googles and disassemble the rest of your mags. :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
You definitely need a small screwdriver-type thing to fit in the disassembly slot in the heel. Use it as a prybar (easy with it) to push the steel plate in and get the plastic base moving forward.
Steel plate is a PITA though. Needs to be pushed in and back until it's up against the back wall, then it will come out the slot in the rear.

Don't forget to yell 'Fire in the hole!!!' when you get the steel plate loose.
E

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
You might also shoot a little silicone spray around the base before you try to remove it. I found that helpful in getting the little critter to slide off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.