Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well gang was holding out for a 10 mil (thank's olfarhors) when I stopped into the LGS and spotted not one but 2 29-2 a 25-2 and a vintage 357 dont no the model I am thinking it was a 27, but a young kid had inherited all four vintage Smith's from his granddad all in pristen condition dont think he realized what he had and that is too bad. So her she is...enjoy... View attachment 57254 View attachment 57255 View attachment 57254 ....sorry for the dark pic's

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let's try this again a 29-2 I think she was manufactured in 78... DSCN0553.JPG DSCN0555.JPG DSCN0557.JPG

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Those look almost factory new. Right place at the right time. That's why I visit my 3 closest LGS every week. You never know what might turn up. Enjoy them in good health.

·
Registered
24,854 Posts
Beautiful Wheel gun. Grandson's loss

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank's guy's, this pistol I don't think has had 6 round's through it. There is no wear anywhere on this piece and I can't wait to shoot it.

Reactions: darbo

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts
Look nice to me. And all the attachments opened properly in your OP for me. Not sure if you reposted or not but they look fine. And, it is a dark gun - not dark pix

Reactions: blackpanzer

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
WoW! Good for you!

I'd say you struck pure gold. :rating10:

·
Administrator
40,280 Posts
I bought one of these in about 1978. Sure looks like the one I had. But, in a moment of weakness, I sold it. :sad: Is that a 6 1/2 inch barrel? Mine was. Very nice acquisition by the way! :thumb:

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
let us know how it shoots

jhp
nice new pistol

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Congrats on a heck of a deal.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Thank's guy's, this pistol I don't think has had 6 round's through it. There is no wear anywhere on this piece and I can't wait to shoot it.
After the Dirty Harry movies came out, there were a LOT of 'used' Model 29's on the market that only had 6 or less rounds put through them. Folks would see the movie and have to have one. Once they got it, they found out that a full house .44Magnum from a 29 ain't exactly the gun/ammo combination for a novice pistol shooter.

I saw it happen again back in the '90's after the Desert Eagle in 50AE came onto the market. All the movie folks fell in love with it and used it a lot in the movies. Then folks would just have to have it. It got so bad for a while that we'd had a pool going on how many rounds were in the box (325gr Speers were all that was available initially) when-not if- they brought it back. The fewest shots were 3 (strange, because there were 4 guys in the group when he picked it up- one must have been the smart one) and the most was 12.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I bought one of these in about 1978. Sure looks like the one I had. But, in a moment of weakness, I sold it. :sad: Is that a 6 1/2 inch barrel? Mine was. Very nice acquisition by the way! :thumb:
Yes Sir it is a 6 1/2" barrel and according to the serial it to is a 78. And thank you Sir

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congratualtions, that is quite a score you made there! Let us know if those classic revolvers shoot
as good as they look.
I wish I could have snagged the other's but alas they are all sold... in and out in a day. Hoping to get it out Saturday and will let ya know how she shoot's

·
Super Moderator
27,076 Posts
They look beautiful!
Many congratulations!

·
Registered
36,797 Posts
NIIIICE!
I love them great big old Smith N frames!
I got a buddy that got caught in the Dirty Harry fever, hes got a 8 3/8 incher, he kept his and its been shot but really pristine.
I kind of wouldn't mind having the 44 special or 45 LC in a 6 incher to play with, course now I say that as i already have two 10 MM'S!!-GriiiiN.
OK, now back to the street and find that auto loader!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts