Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have this problem with Huge Pistols. It is more than a problem, more like an addiction!
Like a nicotine addiction when if you dont have another huge pistol you might punch some random guy in the face kind of addiction!
I own a Raging Judge Magnum, Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 mag, Thompson Contender super 16 45/70, ***** I even put a damn pistol grip on my Mossberg 500 12 guage to make it look like a pistol!!!!!

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol
Firearm Gun Air gun Trigger Revolver
Gun Rifle Firearm Trigger Air gun
HELP ME PLEASE!!! I need a good CC holster design for my guns! I am in a bind here!

Imagine this, my main side arm is a Raging Judge magnum, and my drop leg backup weapon is a .44 mag, then where do I put the Thompson 45/70... In my boot???? WOW I am in a holster bind!! :D

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Without pics, it never happened....

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
You do have a problem don`t you..

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Hee-hee!! Don't feel bad - my DH is on a 44 mag kick himself right now, he figures if he has one, why not more since he already has the ammo and the re-loading stuff! I myself, all 5" of voluptuousness, shot the Ruger Ruper Red Hawk once with 44 mag ammo-it was amazing that I didn't brain myself with it from the kick- never again....45LC is going to be the biggest I'll shoot from now on!! Good luck finding holsters - and post pictures - inquiring minds want to see!!!:)

·
Premium Member
10,104 Posts
Hee-hee!! Don't feel bad - my DH is on a 44 mag kick himself right now, he figures if he has one, why not more since he already has the ammo and the re-loading stuff! I myself, all 5" of voluptuousness, shot the Ruger Ruper Red Hawk once with 44 mag ammo-it was amazing that I didn't brain myself with it from the kick- never again....45LC is going to be the biggest I'll shoot from now on!! Good luck finding holsters - and post pictures - inquiring minds want to see!!!:)
Funny, you look much taller than 5 inches in your avatar photo.

·
Registered
24,949 Posts
You need a tank. A Sherman tank.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Funny, you look much taller than 5 inches in your avatar photo.
Hee-hee you young'un - wait 'till you git old and get wonky arthritic gingers - I mean fingers!!!!:) And in reality, Despicable Me minions probably are about 5" tall!!! Watch the trailer for the new movie that comes out July 3rd!!

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
My dad's Highway Patrolman was one of the reasons I got interested in vintage Smiths, but as it turns out, I now find N frames too large, heavy and bulky. The longer barrel versions look nice and shoot nice, but even in an open carry scenario, it's more gun than I want. If a handgun can't be carried or concealed comfortably, I find that I'm not really interested in it.

It also turns out that I like J frames a whole lot more than I thought I would. Of course, the small guns don't have the dramatic appeal that the big guns do. Best wishes :).

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Have you considered a ruck sack? The plus being that you'd have plenty of room for ammo. :D

Sent from my Eludium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
35,714 Posts
Embrace your addiction. Give in to the dark side. :D

Reactions: Lance0812 and Sekol

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
i guess we now come up with pistol envy

as far as a holster may be a custom rig where it swings under arm

jhp

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
My dad's Highway Patrolman was one of the reasons I got interested in vintage Smiths, but as it turns out, I now find N frames too large, heavy and bulky. The longer barrel versions look nice and shoot nice, but even in an open carry scenario, it's more gun than I want. If a handgun can't be carried or concealed comfortably, I find that I'm not really interested in it.

It also turns out that I like J frames a whole lot more than I thought I would. Of course, the small guns don't have the dramatic appeal that the big guns do. Best wishes :).
It just goes to show you - different strokes for different folks-that's why there are so many different "flavors" of firearms! I was a nut for J frames, then I discovered the K frame and now the N frame, too! LOVE these larger frames - I can hit the paper so much more accurately -but then again, I've had to "work up" to them! Get to shoot my very own Highway Patrolman tonight when we go to the range after work - and boy, am I psyched!! We can't carry here where I live so for me a gun needs to give me good target results at the range, regardless of weight/size. If my range bag ever gets too heavy for me to carry, then DH becomes my hero and carries it for me!:angel:

Reactions: silverblackman

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
I was a nut for J frames, then I discovered the K frame and now the N frame, too!
I now think of the K frame as the perfect size of handgun. The N frame is great for shooting (my N frame Highway Patrolman is my only .357 Smith revolver) but for shooting, carrying and concealing combined, much prefer K or J. Caveat - my friend at the gun store has a .38/44 heavy duty that I would just possibly sell most of my K frames for :).
Have a good time shooting.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My previous ccw's were a pair Colt .45 single action army's. All i did was use a nylon shoulder holster for one and a inside the waist band holster for the other.

I wear XL size shirts so i bought a long cotton vest for the summer that worked really good. During the winter just used a jacket and never took it off.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Better not tell him about the Desert Eagle .50AE.

·
Registered
28,111 Posts
I found a perfect holster for my S&W X-frame.
Let's see if I can remember where I got it...

Got it! The company changed their name, so I am quite pleased with myself for having found it.

America's Gun Store, LLC : Triple K - Woodsman Pancake Holster - Suede Lined

It is a very well made holster, and is as comfortable as carrying 5+ pounds can be.
They make holsters for a lot of big guns.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,427 Posts
Let's see, holsters for the PPS and the Mossberg............thinking................thinking...............still thinking..........ahhh can I get back to you on that?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts