Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
35,630 Posts
Um....yeah, its been a while since you bought powder I guess. :D You're in for a very rude awakening.....that powder will cost you $25 and they'll give it to you in a plastic bottle.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one is full, never opened. I'm loading 7MM-08 with it.

Reactions: Yissnakk

·
Super Moderator
37,585 Posts
That's the kind of powder used in antique firearms, right? :D

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Think I'm going to have to go powder shopping. I've heard that the prices changed a few years ago.....several times, is what I was told. I guess I'll find out.
Yeah, multiply that price by 10 or 11 and you should be close. You better check that powder for ammonia or an acrid smell before using it. Just saying. :D

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's fine, I have a number of older containers that have been stored properly. H4895 for $3.00 is one, H4831 for $2.75 is another. There are others.

Reactions: BBGun and darbo

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Add a zero behind that price, and that is the average price now. :p

·
Super Moderator
40,649 Posts
How many older metal cans do you have in your collection? I think it would be pretty cool to have a few sitting around the reloading room.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I still have powder that came in metal and paper cans.

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I'm finishing a big old can I bought prior to the Clinton election. I store it right, and check the color and smell before loading each time. I also have a couple of hundred thousand, I guess, 9mm casings. 12 5 gallon buckets anyway. Since I'm retired......oh yeah. Several 60 pound boxes of 115 and 125 gr plated bullets. Good grief.

·
Registered
36,916 Posts
I still have powder that came in metal and paper cans.
got to look but I may have a can or two of Unique that's still in card board canisters?
thats not really that long ago that plastic became the rage.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I have some Unique and 2400 in paper type cans that still have powder I also have a couple of tins that are square and have pop off tops I dumped what little powder that was in the cans and put them in my reloading room they are near cans with HERCULES on the top of all four sides

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,306 Posts
I just looked, these are empty

IMG_2869.jpg IMG_2870.jpg

IMG_2878.jpg
Maybe someone in the Dallas area can tell me how long Thurman Randle & Co have been in business.

IMG_2880.jpg

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,306 Posts
However, these still have powder in them.

IMG_2881.jpg

But I'm trying to fix that :D

Reactions: olfarhors
1 - 16 of 16 Posts