Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Looks good! Did the same meal on Sunday. Cooked everything on the grill.

Reactions: sandman 11

·
17,581 Posts
Last Saturday....................

Attachments

·
Registered
7,241 Posts

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Come on guys, you are killing me.

I finally got used to eating healthier for the old ticker, and now the regular doc tells me I have to change my eating again because I am on the verge of developing Type 2 diabetes. What is left in life to live for if you can't enjoy good old fashioned food?

I am still hoping that he is jumping the gun since I have been getting epidurals for my back and just last week got shot in the left hip with another one scheduled for the right hip next week. The doctor who is doing the shots told me that they would raise my blood sugar level considerably, so. :confused:

I never knew a day when my dad didn't take at least two shots of insulin and back then the needles were nearly the size of basketball inflation needles. I remember watching him sharpen them when they got dull using a pocket stone. My brother has battled it for over 40 years.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I'm missing cooking. I'm in baking right now and we actually work as a production bakery as well. The school has a food truck and we make all the deserts for it. Tonight we made lemon chiffon pie and my version was just too darn ugly to take a pic of. We rarely get to taste anything much less take anything home. But in 4 more weeks or so we go to Garde Manager (cold foods) and will be butchering whole hogs and fabrication of cuts from the hog. Looking forward to making pickles, smoked meats and such.

Sarge

Reactions: rodfair

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
I'll help you out Whodog, I'm thinkin' a little Chinese food tonight....

Cat Food.jpg

·
10,379 Posts
This is from three Sundays ago, brats and chicken thighs...smoked at 215 for 4.5 hours. Two Sunday's ago I did smoked ribs and chicken breasts, and last Saturday I stuck two pork butts in the smoker for 12 hours and made pulled pork...also made y own Carolina sauce (tomato, garlic, vinegar, onion powder, salt, and brown sugar). (no pictures, didn't have time before people were tearing into the food)

This weekend I'm hoping to put a brisket (flat and point, gotta have the point for the burnt ends for the beans) in, probably let that smoke for around 18 hours at 200 degrees.

It's cookout time in Northern WI!

(and yes, that is store bought salad, I didn't have time to make homemade<g>)

Attachments

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
Looks a lot better than anything I've eaten in a while. Guess I'll have to conjure up some extra rich Fettucine en Alfredo, using wine and extra creme to enrichen it and mix in Smoked Salmon bites.

Still, there are very few dishes that ever meld the flavors involved in sauteing meat and onions, peppers and whatever else your imagination can conjure up. Stews, Gumbo, soups all are better the second day after cooking.

I still have a little left of a smoked, glazed spiral cut ham that needs to mix with something, then I will have a great soup or bean bone left to do something with. The food chain just goes on and on.

Enjoy eating while you can folks, I have a feeling Komrad Obama may make us all start losing weight!

·
17,581 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:) having leftovers for lunch , tortillas smothered in cheese with one scoops of rice. Can you see that big smile :) oh yeah a nice cold Corona to go with it.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I've been grilling like crazy because the weather has been so nice around here. I am going to do some ribs on the barbie this weekend!

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
You guys are really making me salivate. I'm no great shakes when it comes to cooking (although I can grill a mean medium rare steak.) Every time I go to the grocery store, and they ask me if I found everything okay I say the same thing - "I couldn't find the Purina Bachelor Chow." :D

1 - 20 of 61 Posts